MOST Effective F2P Combat Training Guide!!!(level magic too)

Zaaps1

I was going to add this to my other guide but it would be buried within the other infomation in the other F2P combat guide. Also note that this iss the most effetive way for ME and this may be very different for you. The training magic part is for using all the runes you get from this guy, that should give you a hint to what the monster is........

Alright the monster: DARK WIZARDS ( LEVELS 7 AND 20 )

The place: LEVEL 6-7 WILDERNESS ABOVE GOBLIN VILLAGE, THIS PLACE IS ALMOST ALWAYS EMPTY!!!! ( sometimes you meet a wandering pker, they usually know better than come near you, and out of all the people I met some 85% were below level 50 )

EDIT: Heres the map to it. Red line is from Falador, blue from edgeville, and the yellow branch off is to the monsttary for those who wish to get healed there.

darkwizmapne8.png

The why: Great drops, little food, the most safe spot to train in the wildy.

Explanation on the Why: 1. Great Drops, ok the money is pointless, and the robes, staffs, and hats are nooby, but the runes? Oh boy, it's not as good as runecrafting or buying them, but its a free service and its still a fair amount ( only F2P rune they dont drop is deaths )

2. Little food, if your looking for drops, attack lvl 20 ones only if they attack you, because they hit hard and often for thier level. But the level 7 ones well....yeah. I experimented with cakes, do it only if your sticking with the lvl 7s. I suggest kebabs ( look at the kebab guide somehwere in this forum ) lobbies, swordies, pizza works fine, and if all else fails: the trout/pikee/salmon ( all though your better off with cakes then these )

3. Safe! Despite being in the wildy this is an extreamly safe place! In level 6-7 wildy, as long as your above leveel 65, most wanderers/pker cant attack you ( some higher levels might ), and most pkers will get zapped by the dark wizards giving you time to log out ( turn auto-retailate off for this reason). The wizards drop the runes to tele to any of the 3 major cities, but bring fally tele just in case.

4. I know this wasnt in the why, but afterward you can sell or use the runes.

What to bring:

Top: wizard hat/coif/cowl ( I use the wizard hat because the coif and cowl look ugly.

Body: leather/dragonhide ( I use dhide )

Legs: same as body

Hands: vamps ( gloves if you must )

Shield: Anti-Dragon

Weapon: I use a baxe, but anything works here.

Boots: SOS boots or...any boots really.

Inventory: leave 12 spaces open for the cash, runes, and for bones ( bones are optional if you do not want prayer exp ) The rest you can spoil with food.

REPLACEABLES: Use 11 invent spaces if you do not want the cash/bones ( although you'll get extra spaces eventully ) 10 if you want niether.

If you cant get a anti-d shield, your better off with no shield.

Food is mentioned above.

If you range/mage bring your gear, but they can still hit you, remember that, no safespots.

Str potions arnt nessacary to replenish your strength, but bring some if you wish. My suggestion is bring str pots equal to 1/3 or 1/4 of your food.

THE MONSTER IN DETAIL:

Level 7- 12 hits, use water strike and a spell that lowers your attack by 3

Level 20- 24 hits, earth strike, and weaken I think.

Full list of drops:

* Gold: 1-54

* 100%: Bones

* Weapon:Staff

* Armour: -

* Runes/Arrows: Air (10-36), Water Runes (10-36), Earth(10-36), Fire(10-36), Mind(18), Nature(4), Law(2,3), Chaos(4), Cosmic(2)

* Misc: Wizard's Hat, Black Robe, Mind talisman, Water talisman, Earth talisman, Fire talisman, Body talisman

(added nov.30 2006)

TIPS:

If your str/atk falls low, log out and back in and all your stats will be back to normal ( if you use pots this is also happen, be careful or else BAM there goes one dose.

If you see any dots (red) run to it immedatly ( unless you know FOR SURE ( as in you already see it ) what it is ) it might be something good.

If you must tele, tele to fally or use skull sceptre, nearest bank is in edgeville, and fally is just a bit longer.

EXTRAS: Just stuff Ive seen while training:

These dark wizards dont have the relatively new look :shock:

Theres a hollow tree in the center

You can see a lot of the surronding area in the northern part, but none of it near the south

Feel free to tell me anything else you find out while training, as well as corrections, suggestions ( I didnt rhyme on purpose btw ), and the like

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps. I added some pics Novmember 30th, 2006, and I will add pics in a short amount of time.

Good guide, will look better once you put the pics up :D . I'm not sure this will be god for higher levels tho...and yeas i know you said its good for you, might be different for us :P

Im level 78, im not sure if im considered a higher level, but its worked for me for 20 combat levels.

Oh yes and I added pics too, ill be adding more later today for this weekend.

a good guide, but personally, i don't think dark wizards are that great of training. im level 75, and i train on moss giants. they drop runes pretty consistently, and they give you good prayer xp too.

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

Have you ever tried training with the level 50 giant spiders in the SoS, pit of pestilence? They are great for level 60 and above! Aggressive, but low defense and weak attacks!

Actually, flesh crawlers give exactly the same xp (at least, they do from my experiences) and use a lot less food. I prefer ice giants because of their big bones, but I've never tried the wizards.

blurredsigla2.jpg

Not true, I beleive a wooden sheild could also work here (can be found just before the wildy above varrock).

Oh yes, it can also be bought in Falador shield shop for 4gp or something (lol). Ill look up the stats of the shield before putting it into the guide, but I really belive its just not worth it to get a chunk of wood, however for those who really would like extra protection, might as well as it wont hurt to bring it.

Not true, I beleive a wooden sheild could also work here (can be found just before the wildy above varrock).

Oh yes, it can also be bought in Falador shield shop for 4gp or something (lol). Ill look up the stats of the shield before putting it into the guide, but I really belive its just not worth it to get a chunk of wood, however for those who really would like extra protection, might as well as it wont hurt to bring it.

Im back! ( lol ) with updates on what I said before. It gives a +1 magic defence, not worth it IMO, but as I said, use it if you have too.

The wooden shield can be bought for 20gp, not 4gp, sorry about that.

Ill add this into the guide if anyone finds using a wooden shield at all helpful.

Add in something like its never crouded because i use to train there and noone was ever there. Also say its non-multicombat, great guide

Im pretty sure I said it was multicombat, and Ill add the not being crowded, but I assumed that most people would think it wouldnt be crowded.

Good guide for level 60 or below

Might use to train a pure someday...

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

hmm decent guide --7/10--

might try it with a pure cuz covers only low lvls, otherwise gj :thumbsup:

It acually works quite well for high levels too, but not as well.

Thanks for this great training tip! =D> I am leveling range and mage currently, but I can never find a good place to train range. I also find cursing (the spell) boring. With the runes I get from drops, I will probably be able to train mage in a more interesting way! Thank you! :thumbsup:

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

Thanks for this great training tip! =D> I am leveling range and mage currently, but I can never find a good place to train range. I also find cursing (the spell) boring. With the runes I get from drops, I will probably be able to train mage in a more interesting way! Thank you! :thumbsup:

your welcome

Oh, for some reason my image uploading wont work, so I wont be getting more pictures for a little while.