Heisman award won by Troy Smith and BCS talk.

Buckeyemange

It wasn't "who", but by how much. As expected, it was Troy Smith, of THE Ohio State univerisity, who took home the 25 pound hardware.

Smith received 801 first-place votes and won the Heisman by 1,662 points, the second biggest victory in history, only second to "The Juice", O.J. Simpson.

Brady Quinn and the others didn't have a chance, as the second closest recieved under 50 votes. Troy's words after recieving the award were touching, to say the least.

"Normally, I'm pretty cool in pressure situations, but my heart is pounding so fast now," he said.

As long as he's cool in the game against Flordia, I'm fine with that.

*Info taken from ESPN*

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

I dont think he deserved it. I think McFadden of Arkansas deserved it, of course im not a big OSU fan and my knowledge is based on SEC play. The SEC was a much tougher conference and look at the numbers McFadden put up. Smith was in a much weaker conference, had a much weaker schedule, thus put up more inflated numbers imo. If i had a vote it would have gone to McFadden, not to Smith.

Lol, you (the poster) make it seem like it was this big surprise, and I'm sure it wasn't, especially because you're an OSU guy. By the way, of course he's going to be cool under pressure in the BCS title game, because they screwed up again by putting the Gators in (who will lose by double digits prolly) instead of the only team who's even been close to beating them all season. Guess I'll just have to root for Michigan to beat the snot out of USC, who I hate more than anyone.

sanday79.png

newsig.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

It is true that McFadden played well, and that it was a tougher conference, but it was three things that lead to his downfall...

1.The loss to flordia-Even if this one wasn't his fault, people still see him playing for a team that didn't win their confrence.

2. OSU-UM-The game was fantastic, and most who watched it felt that Smith put the game on his shoulders and won. I think it was a group effort, but to each his own.

3. The BCS-Troy Smith is playing for the title, and McFadden isn't playing in a BCS bowl. Even though this too isn't his fault, it's stuck with him. Voters see that Troy has lead his team to the biggest game in college football, and McFadden isn't.

Sure, none of these may be fair, but that's how I believe voters see it.

And Sanday. Flordia played a tougher schedule, michigan played Ohio State, an over-rated Notre Dame, and Wisconson, who wasn't even up for a BCS game. Flordia has one more total win then Michigan. Michigan had a shot, and lost.

In fact, without the two fumbles caused by the center, the game would have been at least 7 points different. Ohio State's center had a cast on his snapping hand, which was a factor in two fumbles.

Troy Smith won, McFadden had a case, and I don't think Quinn should have been there. He lost to USC and Michigan. Taking his place should have been Hart. Just me.

OhioState.jpg

I still think this guy should get it. Hawaii QBs are UNDERRATED. First, Timmy Chang, Now this. *Bows*

Colt Brennan - 13 Games / 182.8 QB Rating :shock: / 72.1 Completion Percentage / 4990 Passing Yds / 383.8 Yds Per Game / 53 TDs / 11 INTs

I dont care if he plays bad teams. He has unbelievable stats. Give him the Heisman. (He wasn't even invited! :shame: )

Go Rainbow Warriors! :P

JK, but Go Colt Brennan, but anyway

Go Huskies!

I thought the highest QB rating was 158.3...

And yes, the Rainbow warriors are a good team, and that pass pass pass ofence is just fun to watch. Even if all their games are at 3:00 am Eastern...

OhioState.jpg

Why Ohio State will lose:

Florida has played 4 of the currently ranked top 25 teams (Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee)

Ohio State has played...one (Michigan)

Um, folks...Florida Has played in several big games this season. Ohio State...just one, at home, that they almost blew (you are at home for god sake).

Florida 27-13

What do you call at Texas? The defending champs are no pushovers.

We also were at Iowa before they spun out of control. Michigan got them after they were down-hearted from the Ohio State loss.

Leak is inconsistant. Against Auburn, he was 9 for 17, 1 TD and 1 INT. The biggest game of the year, and that's what happened. The Arkansas game? 16-30, 1 TD and 2 INT. LSU? No TD's, 1 INT.

On the biggest stages, Leak spins out and burns.

Almost losing to the South Carolina (At home) and Flordia State? They would have lost to Arkansas if not for the punt return fumble recovered for a touchdown.

That Auburn team is ranked 10th. They lost to Georgia! An Unranked team.

Flordia played a tough season, but their road games were Tennessee, which was a 1 point win, Auburn, Georgia, Vanderbilt, and Flordia State.

Flordia has as many flaws as Ohio State.

OhioState.jpg

Why Ohio State will lose:

Florida has played 4 of the currently ranked top 25 teams (Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee)

Ohio State has played...one (Michigan)

Um, folks...Florida Has played in several big games this season. Ohio State...just one, at home, that they almost blew (you are at home for god sake).

Florida 27-13

Buckeyes will win it.

31-3

The favorite will actually win. Past few years, underdog ftw! ::' ,

Thought'd I'd bump this