Maynard James Keenan

warri0r45

Probably my favourite vocalist ever.

Why? great voice, really suits the music (possibly the best of any vocalist ive heard) great writing ability, and part of TWO of my favourite bands.

If you dont know him, hes the singer of A Perfect Circle and Tool

do you guys like him?

Does anyone even know who he is? <.<

Of course. You're not the only one that adores his voice. And please don't try to sound so elite by saying none of us know him, some probably know a lot more about Tool, APC and other projects of Maynard than you do.

http://www.last.fm/user/Oy_/

I'm in a last.fm group that is in love with his vocals; perhaps you should visit last.fm as well; it's better to discuss stuff like that than TIF. Or discuss it with your friends; they most likely know more about Tool and APC than most of the people here. A bunch of the younger ones like rap and rnb, others like metal and hard rock, another part likes mainstream music, and another part thinks it's awesome to only listen to music from the 70s. But there aren't a lot of people who know a lot about one singer. Although I do know Lateralus, me and Daan know him pretty well. I try to take the best out of every genre and period of time. And that's why my music collection fills my entire computer ;)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Of course. You're not the only one that adores his voice. And please don't try to sound so elite by saying none of us know him, some probably know a lot more about Tool, APC and other projects of Maynard than you do.

I'm in a last.fm group that is in love with his vocals; perhaps you should visit last.fm as well; it's better to discuss stuff like that than TIF. Or discuss it with your friends; they most likely know more about Tool and APC than most of the people here. A bunch of the younger ones like rap and rnb, others like metal and hard rock, another part likes mainstream music, and another part thinks it's awesome to only listen to music from the 70s. But there aren't a lot of people who know a lot about one singer. Although I do know Lateralus, me and Daan know him pretty well. I try to take the best out of every genre and period of time. And that's why my music collection fills my entire computer ;)

Ugh I take offence at people generalising those who like rap and RnB. Although my library comprises mainly of these genres, amongst others, it in no way depicts my age or intelligence. I base no judgements on those who like a different genre of music to myself since it is merely a preference. Yes there is a younger generation of those that follow this so called trend, but do not appreciate the talented artists of this genre, same as there is a younger generation that appreciate rock and the other subgenres (I'm sorry, I am not familiar with these enough to mention).

Sorry for this outburst, it just seems on these forums all I ever see is rap-bashing, as if to say there is only one true form of music, the one that you listen to, and that someone's music taste is far superior to someone elses. It's like criticising someone because you prefer peas to carrots.

Again I apologise for the off-topicness (..I doubt that is a word). Back on, I would like to hear this singer, is there anywhere I could have a listen? I haven't heard of him myself.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

1 - I'm not trying to sound nor do i think i am 'elite'

2 - I never said none of you would know him

3 - Some people may well know more about tool, APC and Maynard than me and you just saying that makes you sound like a hypocrite -

'please don't try to sound so elite'

The reason why i said

is because noone was responding.

Ugh I take offence at people generalising those who like rap and RnB. Although my library comprises mainly of these genres, amongst others, it in no way depicts my age or intelligence. I base no judgements on those who like a different genre of music to myself since it is merely a preference. Yes there is a younger generation of those that follow this so called trend, but do not appreciate the talented artists of this genre, same as there is a younger generation that appreciate rock and the other subgenres (I'm sorry, I am not familiar with these enough to mention).

Sorry for this outburst, it just seems on these forums all I ever see is rap-bashing, as if to say there is only one true form of music, the one that you listen to, and that someone's music taste is far superior to someone elses. It's like criticising someone because you prefer peas to carrots.

Again I apologise for the off-topicness (..I doubt that is a word). Back on, I would like to hear this singer, is there anywhere I could have a listen? I haven't heard of him myself.

Look, it's just a fact that many of the fans of rnb are younsters here in Belgium. If you'd ever go to a festival you'll see the average fan of a band like Tool is between 20 and 40. The average fan of 50 cent is 15. I'm not saying 50 cent and those others are the only rappers, but they are the most famous ones, so their fanbase is the biggest. Perhaps fans of 2pac (I like some of his music as well, I never said all rap sucked) or the Notorious B.I.G. are more mature.

As for the reply of you, warri0r; it makes me sound like a hypocrite how now? And by saying you never said none of us would know him I think you're more or less sounding like one. What else did you mean when you stated 'Does anyone even know who he is? <.< ' ?

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Yea, he's a good singer. But I don't adore him or something. It's true that a lot of tool fans are elitist though, think they are all knowing and so. Don't really like that. And just as with any music genre the audiences are mixed. You've got loads of young rap lovers, but there's more than enough older ones as well. And there are more than enough young and mature rap fans as well. But I don't really see what this all has got to do with Maynard's vocals.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Yea, he's a good singer. But I don't adore him or something. It's true that a lot of tool fans are elitist though, think they are all knowing and so. Don't really like that. And just as with any music genre the audiences are mixed. You've got loads of young rap lovers, but there's more than enough older ones as well. And there are more than enough young and mature rap fans as well. But I don't really see what this all has got to do with Maynard's vocals.

thats true...

but on topic, sure i lovwe his voice and all

...but he walked of stage during the hartford CT show when one kid decided to start a moshpit...

sure that has nothing to do with his voice, but it kinda gave me the opinion he was a jerk...

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

Rappers nowadays have no talent. Rappers back in the 90's did have SOME talent.

I hate rap with a passion, so this is coming from a hugely biased perspective, but in "Walk This Way" with Aerosmith, Run DMC was actually good, and you couldn't take a few people off the street and do what they did.

But now, it just totally sucks.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

As for the reply of you, warri0r; it makes me sound like a hypocrite how now? And by saying you never said none of us would know him I think you're more or less sounding like one. What else did you mean when you stated 'Does anyone even know who he is? <.< ' ?

Firstly, I NEVER said that none of you would know him. NEVER. I said, IF you dont know him. Theres a big difference there mate. And as for the reason why I said 'Does anyone even know who he is' - if you could read you would have known i previously stated it was because that no one was replying. End of discussion.

I dont want any more suggestions that I'm an 'eletist' either - before this topic, I'd never heard that term applied to Tool fans.

I like Tool, APC and Maynard for one single reason - It is simply excellent music ad he is simply and excellet musician.

do you guys like him?

Take a guess whether I like him or not.

I can be lumped in with those Oy mentioned. Broad music tastes spanning not only decades but centuries.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Rappers nowadays have no talent. Rappers back in the 90's did have SOME talent.

I hate rap with a passion, so this is coming from a hugely biased perspective, but in "Walk This Way" with Aerosmith, Run DMC was actually good, and you couldn't take a few people off the street and do what they did.

But now, it just totally sucks.

i hate it with a passion too, rap lately has gotten pretty bad, but so has alot of other styles of music

OT: Luring is sooo easy to avoid. That's what those nice signposts are for.