need help on "im guarding the key at the marketplace

deltawaves

This is the clue that says "Go to this building to be illuminated, and search the drawers while you are there.

I did that, searched the drawer and now it says "im guarding the key at the market"

every site tells me to kill a Fremennik market guard to get a key drop, i have killed about 30 and nothing.. I even tried ardoughe guards.

I have logged out, waited and tried again.

I went back to the lighthouse and read the message like 4 times.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

i have the clue scroll with me. I do have the chart, watch and sextant, but that shouldnt help me get the guard to drop a key.

All websites tell me to kill a market guard in rellekka, 50 killed and still nothing.

I tried diff worlds, went back to the chest (many times) that was locked to read the message "I'm guarding the key at the market"

I even went to draynor to kill other types of market guards.

Still nothing.

It sure sounds like you have it all correct...

A few questions for you, that I frankly dont know if they are relevant or not, but it is what I can think of at the moment.

Have you done the fremmenik trials?

If not, have you tried to start it, then kill a guard?

Is there an option to talk to the guards, and if there is, have you tried it?

Did you try to talk to Jossik at the lighthouse?

As I said, I have no idea if any of this will help... Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

I never finished "horror from the deep", but I can not see how that is relevant to this clue scroll.

I tried it again today, after being logged out for over 12 hours. I went back to the dresser, got the same message "I'm guarding the key at the market". Back to the market, killed a market guard and still nothing.

This is starting to annoy me.

In Tip.it's Treasure Trail Guide it says,

Search the drawers to the East in the Lighthouse, Southwest of Rellekka. You must have at least started the Horror from the Deep quest to enter the Lighthouse.

When you try to open the drawers, you will see that they're locked, and there will be a message that says "I'm guarding the key at the market". Go to the marketplace in Rellekka and kill a Fremennik guard for the key.

Only thing I can think of is there a difference between a Fremennik guard and a Market guard? Maybe try one of the guards on the outskirts of the town.

mcguff1.png

I've had this clue many times and NEVER had the problems you have had. I wonder if its something to do with you not completing horror from the deep quest yet.

I suggest that you complete the quest first and see if that fixes the problem.

finishing horror from the deep shouldn't change any of it, i had the clue and i finished it with only being half way through the quest.

vincent.jpg A new study shows that 98% of teenagers listen to emo music. The other 2% have stayed straight gangster. If your apparantly the 0% who still listens to rock, put this in your signature.