Pure Essence Controversy

Guitarted7

In all honestly i do not know what everyones problem is. Sure it was a shock when it first happened but look at it this way. Yeah sure you may be losing some profit i mean taking a 20gp resource and turning it into a 150gp-350gp product is a big change.

But in the end you ARE still making at least 200% profit on top of regaining the money you have spent on resources if you bought the essence to runecraft with. This is regarding laws and Natures however you still make profit with chaos and deaths.

The only reason everyone complains is because they have to do extra clicking of the mouse to make the same money as before. This was one of the best updates in runescape not only did it give members a new money making resource it also made runecrafting that much harder because it is a simple skill to gain resources for.

People tend to forget that if more members started mining essence and selling prices would drop. It's just gotten to the point where there is such a high demand for the essence but many people are too lazy to mine their own. You can do at the least 1k an hour with three pouches. So no i don't see a problem and this was one of the best updates in my opinion.

What could be changed

To battle the entire macroing issue, Jagex has one simpler alternative. Allow freeplayers to mine pure essence, although they need to make the requirements much higher. They ought to require a quest that needs a decent combat level, similar to dragon slayer. This would prevent many macroers from doing the quest. There would be a puzzle that is DIFFERENT for everyone, which would preven macroers from doing the quest. Next, a mining level of at LEAST 50 would be required, and an additional RUNECRAFTING level of 50 would be needed to complete the quest, which would be both freeplay and members. Thsi would allow a purpose for the runecrafting high scores, since only 128,321 people have 50 runecrafting (as of 7:58 pm EST on 1/16/07).

I agree with that idea, however then you would still have free to players complaining as level 50 runecrafting is a bit harder to get in free world. Also you would then need to make it that members do the quest as well otherwise it would be unfair and pointless a quest for members to do.

But also, this might bridge a bit of the "F2P hasn't gotten any new quest" complaints they are always getting.

Why not a place like the Abyss to mine pure essence on free world? Adds a bit of danger.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

The point behind it was to stop autoers mining the ess. It hasn't stopped them at all ; if anything there is more of them as the 100gp they make per ess more than makes up for the 5 quid per month...

Change it back jagex..

How? You can't mine pure ess on free world, and if you pay the money for members and get your character to auto and you get busted. You'll lose all your other accounts connected to that credit card or however you pay.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

it has made a mess; pure ess only managed to SLOW DOWN autoers; autoers that are desperate will pay the 5$ make money with the ess; then sell stuff on ebay so in all autoers are actually gaining money. :?

RSN:P H Osho

Progress: Out of Tutorial!

banned.jpg