Terraspace - Fantasy II - FINAL

Metroid

They are faded because of the heavy clouds. Tried to make it real.. =S

And I hate the texture. And the size of the mountains. But I'm working on it. If I can't make some good texures I'm just going to try to render a entire new landscape for the right bit.

edit: And the other posts were commenting on v1, which was much worse. ;) Click 'v1' above the image to see it.

To help with the size I'd recomend perhaps trying to photomanip in small trees on the land. It'll help give you the contrast needed to see how big the mountain is.

And as far as the mountain goes, IMO, it needs a lot more rock. Right now its a huge sand pile.

Aha.. it does look like a giant sand pile. I actually never considered it being that.

Thanks alot, looks like I'll have to remove it. And I tried adding trees.. it just doesn't work out good. I messed around with it for about a hour and couldn't get a tree to look natural on the mountain.. much less alot of them.

Protect the Light...

Yet another amazing piece of art by the famous Metroid =D> :-w

I really love this one! I feel like the whole image just flows really well. My favourite part is definitely the water, it's truly amazing. The colours, lighting and texture is perfect.

I skimmed through a few of the other comments (the mountains looking too sandy [not sure if this was before or after version two was "released"], the transition between earth and space is too drastic, etc.) and while they do make sense, I actually like it the way it is. The "space" section of the image might be too close to the mountains, but I think it gives it a very fantasy-like aspect to the picture, which is good since that's what the image is.. fantasy :P It's not supposed to be real.

And I think the mountains look great. They sort of remind me of a few places I went to in Egypt (obviously the topography is a bit different in this case).. A rocky, sandy terrain, slowly becoming more lush and green as it meets the water.

Overall, I really just love how real this picture looks. Great job, once again :thumbsup: =D>

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Wooo!

FINAL version "released". I fixed the space scene a bit, the contrast, lighting (a little), mountains, added some birds, and added more objects in the space scene.

Now it is... Final Fantasy. 8-) =P

Protect the Light...