Coding a Shout Box

Garath

I need help coding a shout box. Does anyone know how to do it? I know how to do the meta refresh thing and I know how to put the actual shoutbox in a different window so you don't have to type really fast, but I can't figure out how to make the words appear in the shoutbox. Does anyone know how? If you need more detail, feel free to PM me in game or in Forum.

Garath

My favorite Latin to Englisth translation.

Equus in via est.

Meaning

There is a horse in the street.:P

KSAWoodcuttingShopWorker-1.gif

Why bother then there's about a million open source ones already made.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Why bother then there's about a million open source ones already made.

Some people prefer to make thier own, its far more satisfying than leaching another persons idea.

Yep. Plus I can't find a free one that gives me the control I want.

My favorite Latin to Englisth translation.

Equus in via est.

Meaning

There is a horse in the street.:P

KSAWoodcuttingShopWorker-1.gif

Find an open source one and rip it apart and do what you will with it. That's the beauty of open source. If you cant find one with the features you need add them yourself to the base of one already made

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You can't code a shoutbox in HTML alone as HTML can't write to files/databases and hence can't store information input by visitors.

You'll need a PHP (or Perl/ASP/etc.) host if you want to code your own shoutbox.

Also note that PHP and HTML are not mutually exclusive. I'd recommend just using a shoutbox from another website.