something id like to share

pjb21

ok i took a photo and had a idea of something to do, and it worked very well, just thought id share it, can be achived using any decent imaing program.

3tonepixelbarnunnm6.png

the image, its a bisic 100%contrast then another layer of the same image same contrast level, just lighter or darcer befor hand (eg, layer 1: contrats:100 lightness: -20, layer 2: contrast: 100 lightness: 20) then sat layer two to 50% transparency

ok tut over theres parts you can draw from this photo manip about pixelart (yes had to link the two somehow :twisted: )

as you can se its very pixelated and only 3 colours were used. that said you can still make out ALOT of detail. the 4 colour version has even more detail (not posting it tho) i guess you can look at this pcture zoom in close and look at the structure of a perfectly pixel image, draw techniques from it.

hmm, changed my mind, getting the 4 tone version now...

26533012jy2.png

4 tones black white and 2 greys.

and yet another dimention. you see alot of pixels that have manybe 50 colours, and yet there not much detail. people rush. it doesnt make sence. i know i do it myself, im not going to be hypocritical. it just fustrates me when i see someone whos put in alot of time, maybe a few hours and yet the result could have been achived in well, alot less time.

also theres info to be taken about textures, you can see what they are, be it glas, brick or wood, yet only 4 colours, i visual tutorial.

yeah thats about it...

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

That's pretty neat. I may try that sometime if I ever get a camera. And I think I'm going blind because both of those pictures look the same. :-$

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Cassiius|Level 70 Night Elf Preist|Runetotem

Sambora|Level 37 Tauren Shaman|BurningLegion

That's pretty neat. I may try that sometime if I ever get a camera. And I think I'm going blind because both of those pictures look the same. :-$

its the same picture, just one is with 3 colours the other (lower) has 4 colours.

you can decide how many colours you have as little as one (atough thats kinda plain) to maybe 20 if you can be 'waggoned' heh, silly TIF word blocker...

its also a real shortcut if your wanting to do a monotone vector, and you can always colour later on...

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2