Axe Hut Guide by Arsenes

Arsenes

Axe Hut Guide

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m going to start this guide off with the number 1 thing every would-be axe hut trainer must remember: DONÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢T FORGET YOUR LOCKPICK! Even with this warning, chances are if you spend enough time at the hut, you will forget it at some point.

intro.jpg

The easiest way to get to the axe hut is by the lever in East Ardougne. Go from either bank to the teleport lever at the far west side of East Ardougne.

1.jpg

Once you pull the lever, you will be teleported to level 51 wilderness. Head north through the web, and then east along level 55 wilderness to get to the axe hut. A thieving level of 13 is required to pick the lock on the door.

2.jpg

The other way to get to the hut would be to walk up from Edgeville, I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t recommend doing this as it is a much longer walk, and much more dangerous as you pass through multi-combat zones.

Equipment:

I have listed three sets of armour you might want to use while training here.

The first is the basic 3 items, plate legs and weapon. This is for those people who want to train carefree and not worry about losing anything to pkers. (No picture, use your imagination)

The second is what I have found to maximize equipment bonus while being very easy to replace if you die.

4.jpg

Rune Plate/ Rune Chain ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Protects if you die (chain has better defence vs. axes)

Rune Legs ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Protects if you die

Weapon ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Protects if you die

Berserker Helmet ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Protects if you use protect item prayer

Book of Saradomin ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Can be replaced for free at lighthouse

Legends Cape/Wilderness Team Cape ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Fairly inexpensive to replace

Amulet of Power/Strength ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Fairly inexpensive to replace

Climbing Boots ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Inexpensive to replace

Cooking/Crafting/Magic Gauntlets ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Talk to Dimintheis to replace free

I only suggest this setup if you have protect items, if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t replace the Berserker Helmet with an inexpensive replacement such as addy large or below.

Your inventory should be setup like this if you are wearing this equipment:

5.jpg

Prayer Potion ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ To make sure you have prayer to protect 4th item.

Strange Fruit ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ A cheap replacement to a super energy, it also cures any poisons.

The third setup would be for those who plan to fight any would-be pkers

6.jpg

You can replace anything in this setup with items that you would rather wear, this is just what I was willing to risk when I skulled.

Your inventory should be something like this with this setup:

7.jpg

Strategy:

After you have trained for awhile and have run out of food, the easiest place to bank is the mage bank. Go west until you pass the mage arena, and you will see two webs. Cut them, and pull the lever to access the bank area.

3.jpg

After awhile, the axes stop attacking you and you must reset. To do this you can either run south past the hellhounds and risk getting hit for some damage by them, run east into a multi-combat area and risk running into a team of pkers, or run west towards the mage bank. West is your safest option.

The following tips are to avoid fighting groups of pkers. Some people may say I have no honour for running/logging from teams, but my opinion has always been that attacking someone 10v1 is even less honourable than trying to save my armour from these groups who donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t fight on even terms. So, my advice is to try to get away at all costs.

- If a group of pkers comes into the hut and tries to attack you, standing in a corner gives you the best chance of logging out inside the hut. If they have the hut surrounded and the group has Ancient Magiks and/or teleblock, you are probably going to die if you go outside. Try to find a place where axes arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t attacking you but are attacking the pkers and log out. Remember, teleblock works against using levers too, so you wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be able to lever into the mage bank or back to ardougne.

- Another thing I used to do would be to bring a dragonhide body and legs in my inventory, to put on when trying to run from pkers. This gives you much better mage defense than the negative bonus you would have wearing regular armour.

This was my first guide, so feedback would be appreciated. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m currently combat 125 with maxed melee stats, and the majority of my training past 90ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s has been at the axe hut. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve trained at the hut on and off since rsc, and I have found that recently has been the most peaceful time to train there without worrying about pkers, since they mostly stay around the mage bank now. Hope my guide has helped someone, the exp is great here if you find your own server and avoid pkers.

-Arsenes

Arsenes.png

sigqx5.jpg