About the RS Videos and General P2P

Thus

Ok, I am going to keep this short and sweet. I really do not think that threads about movies should be posted on the General P2p or F2p forums. I expected PastaÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s thread to be locked instantaneously due to spam reasons. Therefore, I am saying that such movies should go under Music and Movies section of the forums. If that does not fit, I suggest that a sub category be made under Music and Movies be made for RS home movies.

It is not hard to add a subforum, as I have done with my own personal forums many times before. I hope someone important sees this.

For now, I suggest anyone who reads this to abstain from making/posting their own RS movies until something is done.

I agree with you that the large amount of Youtube video threads is annoying, but I don't think it's a big enough problem that they need their own subforum. We mods could always start locking video threads that don't promote a discussion and refer them to the Trivial youtube/google video links to be posted here sticky in Off-Topic. I think we usually just let the Runescape videos be an exception to that sticky since they're Runescape-related and not just excessive off-topic videos.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

These things go in cycles. We get a lot of blogs next we get events from there we have pointless this or that posts. Now we have videos. There will be another fad topic to post shortly and these will die down. While these may be annoying the posts are staying visible because someone is replying. That either means one of two things: People actually care to read the post and have replied OR the post is pure spam and people can't resist the flaming wreckage.

If there's discussion going on then I don't see a problem. General includes a variety of things and may include more in the future. I've seen complaints before about how general doesn't have many good discussions. This can't be blamed on junk topics because there will always be junk topics. You can blame the lack of good topics on people not creating them, not on junk pushing them onto the second page.

If it's spam (but still enough within the rules to stay unlocked) then the users of General need to learn how to let junk topics die instead of being 'clever' and posting needless opinions about how bad something is or how spammy. If they don't care they shouldn't reply. There are countless topics that would die on their own if people didn't appear out of thin air to say why it shouldn't have been posted.

I don't foresee a subforum coming out of this regardless of the ease to create one. Maybe a sticky would work, but as another topic on this board pointed out all stickies do is kill any good discussions that could happen because they're crammed into one long topic with a bunch of junk. Best to leave them alone and let what people like stay on top and let what people dislike sink.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

I agree it is just a fad and only the good vid's will stay on page 1 and the rest will sink towards the bottom.

If less people would post on them and stop saying how crappy they are the faster it sinks to the bottom of the page.

Dont like the vid don't post on it let it sink to the bottom. :lol:

queenvalerie.png