Terragen Time! (SHUT FOREVER)

djscoobsta

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm... i want to see you improve, so heres what i'm going to do.

make me a sig that fits my request, and looks actualy decent (good text and all) And you'll get 50k+ from me, depending how much i like. But i'll warn you, i want you to improve , so i wont accept the quality work your pushing out atm. If i don't like it, just auction it off/give it to someone else. Here it goes:

Name: Nadril

Price Paying: 50k+ IF GOOD.

Description of what i want: What i want is a mountainous area. Inside of the mountains is a sort of "vally" you could say, that is covered with snow, and there is also a bit of snow on the peaks of the mountains. Other than that, the side of the mountains up untill near the peak is a grassy/rocky texture, not too much grass.

For the atmosphere, a nice calm atmosphere will do. perhaps a nice blue sky, and maybe even have some fun and work with the fog.

Now, also i may add, i want this to be a new surface map made by you, and i want it to be a good one :D when you post i'll also post and tell you what is to be changed ect. ect. Again, if i'm realy impressed i may pay like 100k-150k! (but thats only if i am) if i see your trying, but i don't realy like the sig, i'll pay you 50k and not use it, just let u hand it off to someone else.

You may notice, my description is a bit well, descriptive. I want it to be like that. You've done like 100 terragen things it seems, and jsut don't seem to get better. I wanna break this :P And hopefully see some more landscapers around TIF...

Well, Good luck if you chosoe to undertake this. I'll constantly post about your changes on the sig. And remember, MAKE THE TEXT FIT. :)

make me a sig that fits my request, and looks actualy decent (good text and all) And you'll get 50k+ from me, depending how much i like. But i'll warn you, i want you to improve , so i wont accept the quality work your pushing out atm. If i don't like it, just auction it off/give it to someone else. Here it goes:

Description of what i want: What i want is a mountainous area. Inside of the mountains is a sort of "vally" you could say, that is covered with snow, and there is also a bit of snow on the peaks of the mountains. Other than that, the side of the mountains up untill near the peak is a grassy/rocky texture, not too much grass.

For the atmosphere, a nice calm atmosphere will do. perhaps a nice blue sky, and maybe even have some fun and work with the fog.

Now, also i may add, i want this to be a new surface map made by you, and i want it to be a good one :D when you post i'll also post and tell you what is to be changed ect. ect. Again, if i'm realy impressed i may pay like 100k-150k! (but thats only if i am) if i see your trying, but i don't realy like the sig, i'll pay you 50k and not use it, just let u hand it off to someone else.

You may notice, my description is a bit well, descriptive. I want it to be like that. You've done like 100 terragen things it seems, and jsut don't seem to get better. I wanna break this :P And hopefully see some more landscapers around TIF...

Well, Good luck if you chosoe to undertake this. I'll constantly post about your changes on the sig. And remember, MAKE THE TEXT FIT. :)

y dont u make a sig like that urself using terragen nadril and compare it to the one dj is going to make heh i would like to see the diff :D

Man, do you even know what real landscapes look like? :lol:

Seriously man, if you wanna improve look at photos of mountains and how the colours change at different altitudes. Change the surface map accordingly. The colours you are using are not realistic at all =\.

also simple 1 px black borders on the text and around the image its self make it look a lot more clean. The text you are currently using is so rough and is completely out of place.

y dont u make a sig like that urself using terragen nadril and compare it to the one dj is going to make heh i would like to see the diff :D

Because i want him to improve :P Tired of seeing make the same old things :P

I'm just going try and make a few suggestions;

Surface maps; Contrasting colors in several layers and what not will make it look more realistic. It's easy to just change the Parent surface to green and call it grass, or brown and add maybe one layer to it for snow. Make a few renders just to test out how sibling surfaces and child surfaces work. Learn to blend the colors but keep contrast so that it doesn't look patchy and completely out of place, and learn how to make realistic elevation cutoffs/startings. As a general rule of thumb (at least one that I use), you will need at least two surface layers for each feature on the surface; Like two layers for grass, two for snow, etc.

Water; Think of how the peice looks; does it look tranquil, busy, etc. Change the waves accordingly. No sense in having a sunset scene with a wave length/size of 40. Also, think of the atmosphere; is it cloudy? Cloudy usually means bad weather, and usually wind, so make rougher waves. Also think of how dark you want the water to be; change the colors on it from the default settings, and play with reflectivity.

Atmosphere; Change half heights and colors slightly to suit your render. If you want haze, which could add much to the character of your sigs, lower the halfheight of the simple haze and put it's density to 70-80%. Also, just slapping on a few randomly generated clouds doesn't do much. Generate untill you get the right placement. Decide from a test render weather 2D clouds need the depth of 3D, or if 3D looks to falsified. Also play with the density of your clouds. Change the sun elevation and placement to create rays and shadows; both can be very appealing effects. Changing the sun color can also do wonders, as with changing the size of the sun.

I'm not going to even touch on terrain, as that's rather self explanatory.

Anyway, I mentioned things that I thought would help you with YOUR sigs... as they seem to need work in it. It seems that adventually you're going to improve, and it would be faster if people made suggestions.

Also, if I sound like a complete idiot, I give anyone permission to smack me with a large body of marine life.

I'm just going try and make a few suggestions;

Surface maps; Contrasting colors in several layers and what not will make it look more realistic. It's easy to just change the Parent surface to green and call it grass, or brown and add maybe one layer to it for snow. Make a few renders just to test out how sibling surfaces and child surfaces work. Learn to blend the colors but keep contrast so that it doesn't look patchy and completely out of place, and learn how to make realistic elevation cutoffs/startings. As a general rule of thumb (at least one that I use), you will need at least two surface layers for each feature on the surface; Like two layers for grass, two for snow, etc.

Water; Think of how the peice looks; does it look tranquil, busy, etc. Change the waves accordingly. No sense in having a sunset scene with a wave length/size of 40. Also, think of the atmosphere; is it cloudy? Cloudy usually means bad weather, and usually wind, so make rougher waves. Also think of how dark you want the water to be; change the colors on it from the default settings, and play with reflectivity.

Atmosphere; Change half heights and colors slightly to suit your render. If you want haze, which could add much to the character of your sigs, lower the halfheight of the simple haze and put it's density to 70-80%. Also, just slapping on a few randomly generated clouds doesn't do much. Generate untill you get the right placement. Decide from a test render weather 2D clouds need the depth of 3D, or if 3D looks to falsified. Also play with the density of your clouds. Change the sun elevation and placement to create rays and shadows; both can be very appealing effects. Changing the sun color can also do wonders, as with changing the size of the sun.

I'm not going to even touch on terrain, as that's rather self explanatory.

Anyway, I mentioned things that I thought would help you with YOUR sigs... as they seem to need work in it. It seems that adventually you're going to improve, and it would be faster if people made suggestions.

Also, if I sound like a complete idiot, I give anyone permission to smack me with a large body of marine life.

*smacks 1525 with a... Dolphin!*

lol j/k m8. Very good points you made there. Dj, keep in mind these if you choose to undertake in my order and whatnot :P

ok guys ill read all that and start playing with surface maps which i have my 1st ones suck but i was going to as NADRIL how do u use altitude layers??? its confusing me and i hate being confused :P

They are preaty simple realy. When you go to the altitude thing, you should see a Max and min, and a box by them. Simply check the box (like for max lets do) Than set the max altitude it ever can get too. For example, 100m. This means it can not no matter what go above 100m altitude. Same goes for min cept nothing lower than that, and the slope act's same way :P

how ever hard it seams ill try it :roll:

if i have any problems can i pm u?? i also mite post it with no text so u can help me with slection :wink:

PS so u wanta kinda canyon thing with steep sides and snow in da bottom of it :?

and this could take about 3 days :P

ill make use of my accident dupe post and show what i got now :wink:

nad2.png

panit shop stuffed up so i cant finish yet

any tips??/

ps i got it saved with no border or fonts :wink:

dude, did you listen to the advice? use a black stroke around you're text.. it looks horrible on every sig you have done.

The mountains dont look very realistic, look at the top of it.. seems cut off.... there needs to be more snow up on the mountain side it looks really odd with snow then emptyness and then snow again (right mountain). Also lose the grass... it looks out of place, either take it out or add some more shades of green and just use a very small amount of covering of it.

If you fix these things up and use a basic WHITE colour for the text with a black 1px stroke it will look A LOT better. atm it doesnt look much better than you're usuall efforts.

.:|N|atural Selection:.

nad2.png

any tips??/

ok.

First off, you do have the camera angle i think would look preaty nice, although the mountains "may" not work out, we will have to see.

I like that you figured out the snow at the top of the mountains , and i see you added grass to it (well tried) So you are improving somewhat.

Now for what i want changed.

1: Try and maybe make the grass more noticable, also i think it might be better if the snow at the bottom is grass (but STILL keep snow at the top of the mountain's) Also the cut off of the snow on the bottom looks very unrealistic, try and fix that.

Also, work on the Typo alot. The text does not at all fit with the sig, so keep trying that. Also, try and do some stuff in psp to make the landscape look nicer, right now it just seems very bland.

So, sorry about the mistake on the surface map here, but so i'm being clear what i ment was snow that was kind of melting. So you can still nicly see the grass and whatnot under the snow, and you see very little snow on the bottom of it, but there still is some there.

And also, work on your rock color. It doesn't look very realistic. Try adding some greys to it.

~Nadril

nad2.png

any tips??/

I'll just make my tip even though Nad covered almost all of it =\. Thick fonts that you usually seem to use, or rather tacky looking ones in some cases, are not always best. Sometimes a simple and more elegant, or thinner even, font is better.

OK i just spent 1 hr 40 or so on this :!:

nad1.gif

Anything u want changed :?

Text , Border.

I saved last render but it got a error and had to close and i lost it :( I also liked that runed with the double cone mountain in background faded in mist :)