Underrated Artists That Deserve Some Attention

Clown

I'm making something of a list to promote hugely talented music groups that don't get the recognition they deserve. Feel free to help add to it. :)

The Mars Volta

Everything they've put out there is mind-blowing. Prog at it's best!

Dream Theater

Everyone should know about them and hear them. Pity thats not true.

Tool

They have a devoted fan base, and are quite well known, but they definitely aren't known by enough people relative to their vast talent in experimental music (This goes out to the greenday/three days grace/ MTV crowds. This is real, pure music).

~Southern Lord Records~

A record label dedicated to making doom metal. The experimental approach to music thats practised there has made some hugly unknown artists, including:

Sunn O)))

Boris

Earth

~

Dream Theater is everything but obscure and mediocre at best. And that's not a matter of opinions. :)

And we've got tons of underrated band topics already.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Dream Theater is everything but obscure and mediocre at best. And that's not a matter of opinions. :)

Care to link me to them? My only goal is to promote talented bands :D

And BYW, you have a liberty to not like dream theater, it's find to say that. But make sure that you're not malicious about it :) <--- That goes to everyone.

~

Yeah dream theater is well known.

I would say, to an extent, that Sunn O))) and Earth are fairly well known among the doom metal community. Sure, they aren't known to other people who don't have interest in the genre, but they are still fairly popular for their genre.

Although I do agree with Dann, we've had too many of these threads latly.

You'd be surprised how many people haven't heard of them outside of devoted fan bases. I've done research, and LOADS of people only know one kind of metal: Heavy. Heavy metal, thrash metal, death metal. If as many people knew about doom as they did heavy, they I'd be much more happy. The the reality is, these people are hugly talented, and 8 in 10 metalheads don't know about them.

~