Well, I just have to...

Introduction.

Back when RuneScape was still in classic I found my love for this skill. Way before RS2. Before respawning rocks and having to find yourself a "route". Before the different pickaxes when everyone had the same one, and when you could truly powermine - there I was mining away my 6 week break from school. Yes, the first skill I fell in love with was mining.

I recently made a topic in the general p2p discussions forum, which was a list showing the number of people who had 99 in each skill. To my surprise only 350 people had managed to get 99 mining. Well, I wonder...

Then I checked this section of the forums, and there's a handful of topics talking about mining goals. Two imparticular stood out to me, firstly:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=592000&start=0 - People in this topic telling this guy he's reaching to far, some even going as far as to bash him for this goal. Yet, he's still trying to get it. Props dude. It's a hard goal no doubt and I truely wish you the best of luck, you've given me some inspiration.

...And secondly:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=586582&start=0 - I'm highly impressed by this. He's posted in my first mentioned topic wishing that guy good luck, but also saying he's just hit level 70. I check his thread and he's recently achieved level 89! Again I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you achieve level 99, hell, there's little doubt in my mind you'll get there now.

Not to forget the guy who's going for 60 mining. Good luck with that too dude.

Due to 99 mining being so rare, and the two above topics, I picked up my pickaxe again for the first time in a long while and went to the exact spot where it all began - Dwarvern Mines. I found my love for mining again and have managed to achieve level 74 from 73 having started today (I missed the SS #-o) and am on my way to 75. I feel like my passion for the skill is there again, and I feel like I can achieve what few others have. 99 mining.

The Plan.

Well to be completely honest, I don't have a set plan. I haven't laid down a time frame to which I plan to stick. I haven't planned out how to most effectively gain exp. I'm not worrying about the respawn rates, nor have I worked out where the best place to mine is. I've just grabbed my pickaxe and went to an area where I thought was good, and thought about a few things.

So far I feel like I'm going to mine iron until 85, or there abouts. From there it'll probably be coal all the way until 99. However I'd also like to raise my smithing, so at some point in there I might mine both coal and iron and bank it, but I guess we'll see.

I'm mining south of Ardounge close to the clocktower at the rocks around the dungeon entrance:

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/PFCaDF/?action=view&current=MiningArea.jpg

Also, this is my "setup" if you like. How I look: http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/PFCaDF/?action=view&current=Dress.jpg

And my inventory: http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/PFCaDF/?action=view&current=Inventory.jpg

Nothing amazing! Back to the good old days with the leather boots and gloves. The second pickaxe is simply for convenience as I'm sure you've figured. If my first one breaks it doesn't stop me from mining, if my second breaks also then I guess I'll be forced to get them repaired. :P

One thing I haven't quite decided on what to do with, is the gems. For now I'm banking them after I collect 7 of them (so two rows of my inventory are constantly filled, meaning I have to drop more) and I think that's the best way forward, but anyone else with a suggestion feel free to post it here.

That's about all I can think of right now. Any words of wisdom are appreciated and I'll be sure to take them on board.

Rate or hate!

Good luck, 99 mining is hawt.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Wow liked what you wrote :P

Iron is the faster i think either banking or dropping.

So if you want it fast ->iron

If you want money with it ->coal

If you want smithing up with it -> your plan :P

good luck dude ::'

Thanks for the replies. :)

I should manage to get 75 today and hopefully I won't miss the chance to SS it, and then I'll update my first post.

I also noticed I forgot to mention anything about my current stats, although you can see those from my sig, I still might put in a little bit about them.

oh. Oh oh. someone mentioned me <3:

Anyways, good luck with your goal, it's gonna be hell of a work with coal from 85, but cashwise its totally worth of it, indeed.

And yes, only 350 persons has achieved 99 mining, and i dont doubt that at all lol, as mining is slimy skill :D

Good luck, ill check your thread every once in a while to see your achievement :wink:

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.