Cooking Guide from 1 to 99, The Journey

Loverjames11

Hello and welcome to the guide of the century, "Cooking Guide from 1 to 99, The Journey"

Content

1. The Fast Start.

2. The Long Journey Ahead

3. The Rest of the Road

4. Hints

5. FAQ

6. Credits/ Thankyou's

1. The Fast Start

Once finishing tutorial, progress to lumbridge bank on the upmost floor of the castle and put all your belongings in your bank.

Once completed, head towards the Cow paddock North - East of Lumbridge Castle and look for raw meat from the dead cows. Note: Crowded worlds can help since more people are killing them.

Once you have a full inven. Go straight to the chicken farm and inside the hut you will find a Cooking Pot. Use your raw meat on it and right click and select All. After Just this 28 raw meat, you should have about 4 to 5 cooking. Repeat this strategy until you acquire 20 cooking.

Tip: You could also go to the cow paddock south of falador and kill cows for meat then go into the house there and cook the food on the stove or fire. You gain combat XP as well as Cooking XP.

Thanks to Skurfer48 for this tip ::'

2. The Long Journey Ahead

Note: For this step 20 fishing is needed.

Once Acquired 20 cooking proceed to the bank and take out a fly fishing rod and some feathers.

Heres a Map from the Bank to the fishing spot.

MapPicture.jpg

Picture taken copied from Scruffyo99's guide. Thanx scruff!

Once you have 28 or so fish head to the chicken farm again and cook them on the cooking pot. Repeat this method until 40+ Cooking is Acquired. You could also instead of going to the chicken farm, go straight into the castle and cook it on the range in the kitchen.

OR

Get a fishing rod or a fishing net, an axe of any kind, a tinderbox and 60gp (dont forget that bait if your using a fishing rod) and go to Port Sarim and catch the boat to Karamja. Make sure you chop down a tree which is right near the pier before you continue to the fishign pier. The fishing pier is through the grove of banana trees fish there and once you have a full load light your log and then cook your food and sell it to the general store not far away. If you run out of bait or are getting bored, just go to the pier (not the fishing one) and head back to Port Sarim.

3. The Rest of the Road

Once 40 or 50 cooking is acquired, Tuna's or Lobsters all the way!

Tip: A good tip is to get 50k or more with about 500 logs noted and a tinderbox, and get on a boat to Karamja. Once on the island go to the general store and look for Tuna or Lobs (Raw) and buy them, then sell a log and buy it back again. Cook your food and sell it back to the general store. Repeat this till you achieve 74 cooking.

Yes, I know this is a strange number to get to but from now on you will not burn lobsters so lobs are your best bet from here to 99. Once you have achieved 86 (again a strange number) you wont burn Swordish but they cost more gp per XP. It is your choice which you choose but i recommend sticking to lobs or even tuna's if your low on cash.

4. Hints

Try to buy Raw Lobsters for 240ea to 260ea.

Raw Lobsters give you 120xp each.

For maximum xp buy Raw Lobster in large quantities. (5000+)

Cook's Assistant may help with some cooking xp. To find it, please go to the main page and look under Databases which should have Quests there.

Other quests that may help include, Big Chompy Bird Hunting, Recipe for Disaster, Tai Bwo Wannai Trio and Family Crest.

Cooking Planners and Calcs help imensely.

The Family Crest quest helps if you take the cooking gauntlets which lower the chance of burning things, Example. Normal: Lobs 74 Cooking,

With cooking gauntlets: Only 68!

If your P2P you can use the Rogues Den and there is a bank with a permanent fire near it. ~ Thanx to Soulfire21 for this suggestion.

5. FAQ

Shouldn't I cook Swordfish instead of Lobs because Swordfish give more XP?

You could but i dont recommend it, like in this guide, it was based mainly apon the fact of xp per gp

How long would you estimate will it take me to get from 1 to 99?

That totally depends on how many hours you play a day and how many days you played a week.. etc.

My estimate would be 2 - 3 months if you played 3 hours a day 3 times a week.

Credits / Thankyou's

Scruffyo99

Skurfer48

Soulfire21

Thank you for Reading this guide and I hope it has had an affect on how you cook.

Comments, Rates, Critism (must be constructive so i can fix guide) and Pics are all welcome!

Loverjames, 90 Cooking :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazing guide. 10/10. when i started reading it i was only 60 cooking, when i finished i was 99. thanks so much!!!!

Your welcome!

Gratz on 99!

thanks! ftw!

You Welcome,

Im still accepting any comments,rates, critism and pics of course.

If you wish to learn more, add me, RSN: Loverjames

hmm i detect sarcasm

Umm.. is that supposed to be constructive criticism? Lol... :anxious:

Ok this is not a quide this is common sense, lol. This is well known no tricks or anything. But hey at least u tried! pretty bad

Ok, im going to try to go the constructive criticism route here. I think you did a great job putting it together with the pictures and lay out and every thing. (We all hate those stupid paragraph ones).

My problem is with some of your actual tips and stuff. I am only 59 cooking myself but I still know a few things. First I really don't think cooking lobs right at 40 is a very good idea at all. They are pretty expensive considering you will be burning a lot of them! At my level of 59 I still burn somewhere between 2-4 lobs in every load. I just think you would have a lot of trouble and waste a lot of money cooking lobs right at 40. I would do Tuna at the very least. Especially because as I learner from another great cooking guide on here you can buy them from the store on Karamja for 30 each!

I think at 40 I would personally still do Salmon or something, that would give you fishing exp too if you got your own or you could buy them right here on the forums for pretty cheap too.

I think you should wait until at least around my level in the 55-60 range to do lobsters because they are so much more expensive (especially for a poor f2p'er) and you would be burning a fair amount.

So I like your guide and it's set up but I don't like the ideas behind it. It's like the woodcutting guide that said: cut oaks at 15, cut willows and 30, cut yews at 60, and so on. Just because you can cook them doesn't mean you should. Especially because like you said, you are trying to get the most exp per dollar. Which means Tuna is the way to go!

~Skurf

isupportclansfm7.png[/url]

skurfer48.gif

skurfer48.gif

1. its not your map, you didnt gave credits or asked for it...

2. everyone on tip.it didnt came stright off tut island so you wont have to start at 1.

3. everyone that didnt came from tut and resighned here will know that buy fish, then sell fish is the fastest cooking methode...

anyway... thx for the tip to start with meat :lol:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Ok, I don't want to be full of myself or anything but since you basically took exactly what I said and put in in your guide you should maybe put me as a source...

Wait, no, because I got all that stuff I told you from another guide which means you just took informtaion from another guide and put it in yours.....hmmm.... That noted log/tinderbox thing is straight out of another guide on here, I can't find it at the moment but I'm pretty sure it's in the AOW. I think maybe a Mod or someone could back me up on the fact that that's straight out of another guide.

skurfer48.gif

skurfer48.gif

Ok, I don't want to be full of myself or anything but since you basically took exactly what I said and put in in your guide you should maybe put me as a source...

Wait, no, because I got all that stuff I told you from another guide which means you just took informtaion from another guide and put it in yours.....hmmm.... That noted log/tinderbox thing is straight out of another guide on here, I can't find it at the moment but I'm pretty sure it's in the AOW. I think maybe a Mod or someone could back me up on the fact that that's straight out of another guide.

First of all i don't even kno you have a guide until i read that second of all yes i did copy it but i do have his name under neath and third of all that didnt help the guide at all. Next time please dont flame, it only ruins things.

amazing guide. 10/10. when i started reading it i was only 60 cooking, when i finished i was 99. thanks so much!!!!
the highscores disagree with this statement.

this guide has a 1/10 from me for effort. getting meat at the cows is actually a bad way to start at 1. why don't you just get raw chicken from all the feather-seeking chicken killers? lobsters are a really bad thing to start at 40 cause u burn like half a load. this isn't even very much a guide because of its minimum length

I don't mean to flame, I am just saying you should site things like the tinderbox idea.

Anyways, just so you don't flip out on me, here's my rating:

5/10

Now that you have fixed the things to say wait to cook lobsters until 76 it's much better because it's more reasonable but my only problem is that there has been a guide saying the exact same thing for a while.

I think the meat cooking is a good idea, either that or chickens like that other guy said. Good idea to take advantage of the fact that there are so many people who are looking for feathers or hides and just leave the meat because they themselves don't need the low lvl cooking exp.

P.S. I never said it was my guide. I can't remember who's guide it is.

skurfer48.gif

skurfer48.gif

I don't mean to flame, I am just saying you should site things like the tinderbox idea.

5/10

Now that you have fixed the things to say wait to cook lobsters until 76 it's much better because it's more reasonable but my only problem is that there has been a guide saying the exact same thing for a while.

I think the meat cooking is a good idea, either that or chickens like that other guy said. Good idea to take advantage of the fact that there are so many people who are looking for feathers or hides and just leave the meat because they themselves don't need the low lvl cooking exp.

Ok, sorry for the flame against you,

Thanx for the rating ::'

btw i thort it was your guide.

The tuna/lobster method on Karamja comes from another guide on these forums. Also, you didn't factor in that people might not have the required fishing level for trout and salmon when they reach 20 cooking.

Um yes i did... At the start of number 2. It says 20 fishing is required..

would you mind reading the whole post next time?

And no i didnt copy it.. its just a method that may be used.

For further notice: This is a post to confirm that i have not read any other guides yet. This guide was influenced by one of my friends since he wished to read it. Thankyou.

5/10

Ok, sorry for the flame against you,

Thanx for the rating ::'

btw i thort it was your guide.

The tuna/lobster method on Karamja comes from another guide on these forums. Also, you didn't factor in that people might not have the required fishing level for trout and salmon when they reach 20 cooking.

Um yes i did... At the start of number 2. It says 20 fishing is required..

would you mind reading the whole post next time?

And no i didnt copy it.. its just a method that may be used.

For further notice: This is a post to confirm that i have not read any other guides yet. This guide was influenced by one of my friends since he wished to read it. Thankyou.

coincidentally the guide was edited only 3 minutes before you made this post and I read the whole guide. It did not state that 20 fishing was required.

I saw it before he ever edited it and I saw that it said 20 fishing required....At least, I think I did :-k

Well, whatever, I haven't seen many guides that people don't take advice on and edit so who cares anyways. It's fixed now.

skurfer48.gif

skurfer48.gif

I saw it before he ever edited it and I saw that it said 20 fishing required....At least, I think I did :-k

Well, whatever, I haven't seen many guides that people don't take advice on and edit so who cares anyways. It's fixed now.

You are totally correct. Any more complaints, comments, pics or any thing please post ::'