The story of Investigating the Wise Old Man

Xewleer

This is inspired by the WOMDA (Wise Old Man Detective Agency) led by KChughs and investigated by others, namely Randox, me King Wenlok 1alebcay, Darkluniux and others... in the order they popped into my head.

Anyway, this takes place when I was investigating the swamps for symbols and any hints for the WOM (abbreviated Wise Old Man) This is fictionalized! but there are grains of truth in it. Because I don't really know how my compatriots really speak in game... I'll just write how it seems best to me... maybe eddicated like

It had been a hard day in the swamps, the vampyres and werewolves were vigilant, and the people even more tight mouthed then usual. In Canifis, even though I had the ring of Charos on, the were-people still treated me with great distrust. The bank was empty, I talked to a mysterious stranger, the bartender and others, nothing, not even a normal old man. The slayer tower was my next destination.

The monsters mostly left me alone, not even a multi-pointed star symbol to hint at pagan rituals. The infernal mages had nothing to talk to me about WOM's or any other thing of that nature, suddenly I was hailed by my "friends" telepathy. "yeah? Haven't found anything, you? No? too bad. Can't talk now."

I went through a door and was assaulted by Aberrant specters! running to the door, I was able to get out, thunks of magical and physical attacks nearly broke the door down. I was able to run to the first floor and almost fainted, but I held together... it was going to be a long journey. At the inn I paid for a room to sleep and restore myself. I did not sleep, but rather, kept a watchful eye on the door, can't be too careful. My thoughts wandered to the meetings the WOMDA had.

"So, its official, our name is the WOMDA!" KCHughes said amid general agreement. "So what now? The WOM is still free to do whatever he wants."

DarkLuniux ventured a guess "Well, you remember the symbols we found all over the place, we could look for those, remember, we found one of them in the screeny of WOM's books so..."

King Wenlok agreed. "Yes, I saw them too, one of them..."

"We did decide that they meant Death Pestilence Famine Disease, correct? So I suggest that we search in areas that might be representative of the symbols. for example, the swamp could mean Disease." Interrupted 1alebcay.

King Wenlok glowered at him, "yes and those other symbols, like the strange star symbols at the wizard's and Dark wizard's tower."

I had been relatively quiet until now suggested that I go explore the swamps, I was sure that I had seen such symbols, so I headed for morytania.

More to come! Intrigue! Investigating, Detective-like! Muhahahaha!

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

If you want to, my name also has an E in it somewhere. :wink:

Just kidding. I've been thinking about writing my own little story about the investigation when it was said and done, but oh well. You beat me to it! =D>

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

there isn't anything wrong with a sequel, I just kinda was bored and hey!

I noticed I mispelled Darkluniux name to will correct when I can

there isn't anything wrong with a sequel, I just kinda was bored and hey!

I noticed I mispelled Darkluniux name to will correct when I can

Your not the only one who noticed it. <.<

Anyways, this is a nice idea, when we get all our answers we can make some many stories like the Da vinci Code lol.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

*a reminder* this is fiction, I will go into it beyond what i have investigated be prepared!

I went out into the swamps perhaps 1 hour before sunrise, this was the best time, the nocturnal monsters going to sleep, and the daylight horrors still in bed. I was able to reach Filliman Tarlock, he had nothing to tell me so I recharged my prayer points and went on, I avoided the zealot, we did not have a good meeting last time. I arrived at Mort'ton then, Burgh de Rott.

In Burgh de Rott, after I and other players saved it from vampyre's blood tithe. But I found nothing on the WOM, I did remeber at my last visit to Hallowvale, Meyerditch to others. I was able to row across without being discovered by the vyrewatch.I went in search of an old man, Old Man Ral.

"Hello, old timer, how's life treating you?"

"Not good, not that you would understand."

"Well, I'm sorry I cant kill the vyrewatch. But I'm here for information... what do you know about wise old men?"

"Apparently you don't mean me. I don't know any, I'm the oldest, always have been, always will until the Vyrewatch take too much blood. Now go away!"

He had that crazy look in his eye so I decided to visit Trader Sven next.

"Why hello Hylean! Long time no see! What do you need?"

"I need to know about wise old men? And not Old man Ral."

"Well, I don't think there was ever anyone here anywhere near Ral's age... can't help yah, sorry, wanna buy some clothes?"

"I might on my way out." I left to make my way to where I knew the Myreque were. Suddenly a dark shadow flew over me and I shivered.

"Weeell, now, what do we have here? A tasty snack all dressed up and no where to go. No one to drink you blood."

I turned. "If it isn't the Vyrewatch, what have you to say to me? Quite frankly I taste terrible."

"If that be the case, into the mines with you!"

"Fine, yah leech!"

The vyrewatch howled then grabbed me, and I was immediately flown to the mines.

Good so far, but if this goes beond what really happened do

I get a part or should I wait for someone to right about events where I was a mroe active participant. But good job, better than I can do and I look forward to part 3.

Looking interesting so far. Well, as for what I sound like in the game- rather like a two year old, but when I'm speaking to Sir Dark of Luniux, I may speak in Old English, with random, insane things thrown in. Or I may just speak in Old English to annoy everyone. :mrgreen: Oh, and you spelt 'Wenlok' wrong. :P If it's important in any way, my name is pronounced 'When-low.'

And I might have a little idea for your story- since me and a fellow (at least, I think he's a he, though I'm not sure since he keeps going to the Makeover Mage) called Trobigod both like Zaros, we have decided to team up and destroy WOMDA. Perhaps we could be villains at the end, for a little twist? :twisted:

The mines were a very dark, dingy place, full of slaves, vampyre juvinates and what is called Daeyalt ore veins. The Juvinate in charge was a short, fierce looking vampyre and he practically threw the pickax at me.

"Alright! 15 ores Meat snack! Then you can leave, And don't think were not watching you!" And with that, he went over to harass someone else. I went to a vein next to an oldish-looking miner/slave.

"Hello friend, Doing well?"

"What good is politeness if you can't get out of here, unlike you. What do you want, I need to work though, so hurry up."

"I'm wondering about wise old men."

"Eh? you mean Old man Ral?"

"NO! anyway, hes the only one ever here?"

"Ral? well, not here, but yeah, he's the oldest one ever in Drakan rule apparently."

A vampyre shouted across the mine. "Get back to work!!! OR I might get hungry meat snacks!!"

I began to mine, I took 17 ores and put 15 in, the vampyre waved me away and I made my way out along a track. Using the convoluted system of houses and buildings, I found myself in the Sanguinesti myreque headquaters.

Looking interesting so far. Well, as for what I sound like in the game- rather like a two year old, but when I'm speaking to Sir Dark of Luniux, I may speak in Old English, with random, insane things thrown in. Or I may just speak in Old English to annoy everyone. :mrgreen: Oh, and you spelt 'Wenlok' wrong. :P If it's important in any way, my name is pronounced 'When-low.'

And I might have a little idea for your story- since me and a fellow (at least, I think he's a he, though I'm not sure since he keeps going to the Makeover Mage) called Trobigod both like Zaros, we have decided to team up and destroy WOMDA. Perhaps we could be villains at the end, for a little twist? :twisted:

And a mystery it will remain.

(Okay, but I do not want to go into a he/she debate)

The Myreque had nothing to say, surprisingly, I left for another place, but before I did, I knew of a book that was important. It was a book on Haealchemy and it could be very important in the future. I was able to hide from the vyrewatch until I reached the place where it was hidden, I telegrabbed and it was mine! I ran for the exit and climbed through the convoluted city to the wall and safety. I was out, with a book and Daeyalt ore, I went into Burgh de Rott...

It was just as glum as usual, there were people waiting for an adventurer to help them trek, But I wasn't able to help them... I made it to the furnace and put the Daeyalt ore in. Nothing happened, the flames did not seem touch it, no matter how much ore I put in.

I admitted defeat very soon after, I left for Draynor, the WOM should be very interested, if not, then I was on a wild goose chase.