Cockroach Soldiers Moneymaking Guide - F2P

shawnjeezie

Hi. Zad here and before becoming a member I was making upwards of 200k-250k an hour at Cockroach Soldiers. Now this of course is dependent on your character's luck. However even a character with terrible luck can get runite drops from these monsters that are easy to kill.

Table of Contents:

1 - Introduction

2 - Requirements and Fighting Them

3 - Maximizing YOUR Profit

4 - Pics =P

5 - FAQ

6 - Conclusion

(>^.^)>Introduction<(^.^<)

Now most people pick up only the runes and the runite drops. But these don't drop just that. They drop a bunch of good stuff. You should pick up everything that sells well on the GE(Grand Exchange)

All will be explained later in the Maximizing Profit section. As for now let's move on to the next part of the guide.

Requirements and Fighting Them

The requirements are as followed:

Minimum -

65+ Attack

65+ Strength

65+ defence

Recommended -

80+ Attack

80+ Strength

80+ Defence

Equipment -

Rune Full Helm

Rune Platebody

Team cape (any one)

Rune Platelegs

Rune Scimitar/Rune Battleaxe/Rune 2H Sword

Rune Kiteshield/Rune Berserker Shield

Rune Gauntlets/Green D'hide Vambraces

Fighting Boots/Rainbow Boots.

Why is the recommended stats so high? Look in the Maximizing Profits section =P

How do I go about fighting this monster?

Cockroach Soldiers have high accuracy with both their melee and magic attacks. We are using melee because their melee attack tends to hit lower than their magic attack (80 damage for melee and 100 damage for magic)

Cockroach Soldiers, although you would think that due to being an insect they'd be weak against crush, they are actually weak against slash. So bring your Rune Scimitar. And don't go into combat without Full Rune.

When you attack, if your combat is lower than level 83 you can utilize this disadvantage as an advantage by quickly running under the nasty bugger before it has a chance to hit u. only useful if using Rune Scimitar.

Basically for lower levels, use Swordfish or Anchovy Pizzas for max kills per trip, higher levels that have the recommended stats; I recommend the use of Lobsters for you.

Maximizing YOUR Profit

Helpful Items:

Rune Gauntlets - Increases strength allowing you to hit higher

Rune Berserker Shield - Increases strength allowing you to hit higher

Drops:

Rune Scimitar - This drop explains itself. Currently at 35k each, that makes it currently the second best drop from any monster in F2P.

Rune Square Shield - Good drop valued at 22,9k.

Death Runes - Pick em up as the number u get adds up quickly.

Law Runes - Same as Death Runes, only faster. Unfortunately these have drastically dropped in price recently.

Uncut Gems - Pick them all up. Uncut Sapphires are 3k+ each right now, Emeralds are 6k each. Rubies range from 7k each to 9k each. And Diamonds are 16,5k each.

Adamantite Ore (1 noted) - The fact that their noted means all Adamantite Ores you pick up go into a single slot. Meaning you can collect these the way you do the runes.

Mithril Ore (3 noted) - Although less valuable than Adamantite Ore, they add up faster, so pick these up for some added profit.

Members Drops:

Seeing as how members get much better armour, I'll let you choose which armour you desire for fight these if your a member.

Charms: Mostly drop crimson charms, which you want as pouches made with crimson charms give the second best exp for Summoning.

Dragon Spear: Haven't actually ever gotten one, but my friend did so I know they drop them. I was fighting these with him when he got the drop.

Herb Seeds: Most herb seed drops are decent. Since I got 32 Farming I think I'll begin to stop selling Ranarr seeds as I can get much better profit by planting them.

Blood Runes: Pick them up. Not only useful for Ancients but are also good cash if you haven't yet completed Desert Treasure.

That sums up the drops the you need to pick up if you want a good profit. Member profit almost twice as much as Free Players. These I think beat killing Green Dragons in the Chaos Tunnels. The only way Green Dragons in the Chaos Tunnels is better profit is if you have 96 Summoning for a Pack Yak.

This means their only nonvaluable drop is Mithril Med helm if fought in F2P. Like I said at the start of the guide, i make 200k-250k an hour by picking up all that stuff and selling on GE when i bank. The only other way to mazimize your profit would be to keep training your combat. With 90+ in your melee skills you can make more than what i was making. Like I said earlier though I am a member now and make well over that much per hour via Slayer and Barrows.

Pics =P

RoachInventory.jpg

FightingIt.jpg

RuneSqDrop.jpg

FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions)

Does Crush weapons do better against these monster?

No, as stated earlier in the guide they do not. They are weak against Slash weapons.

Do they drop any other Runite armour/weapons?

No, unfortunately.

Will Jagex add stronger roaches later?

Who Knows?

Conclusion

Best monster in F2P. Underrated by many low levels for lack of drops, and that is true, as this monster is recommended for those with 95+ combat. Cash flow for lower levels - 100k-150k an hour at minimum requirements.

Cash flows for recommended levels - 200k+ per hour. Note that those cash flows are for those with high luck like me. Do not try this if you have crappy luck (i.e. takes 10 trips to lessers to get one rune med drop) Thanks for reading my guide. Pics will be added by the end of the week. I hope this helps you free players out.

WILL HAVE PICTURES SOON!!!!!!!!

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Conclusion

Best monster in F2P. Underrated by many low levels for lack of drops, and that is true, as this monster is recommended for those with 95+ combat. Cash flow for lower levels - 100k-150k an hour at minimum requirements.

Cash flows for recommended levels - 200k+ per hour. Note that those cash flows are for those with high luck like me. Do not try this if you have crappy luck (i.e. takes 10 trips to lessers to get one rune med drop) Thanks for reading my guide. Pics will be added by the end of the week. I hope this helps you free players out.

there is no such thing as "good" and "bad" luck in runescape, its all chance.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Conclusion

I am sorry but I must disagree. Each character is unique to its creator and in a sense some characters are luckier than others. it's a proven fact. Add Chris Rand0m to your friends in-game on Runescape and ask him. He's the one who explained the whole concept to me. But I rune 2 accounts like some people and my main is much luckier than my other account. Took other account to Cockroaches 3 times, and no rune scim or rune sq. I take my main there and i get at minimum 4

Rune Scim/Rune Sq drops per trip. Once got 7 Rune Scims in one trip. More tests could be taken to prove this theory but I think Chris's friend has done enough testing on it for us to know for sure it is true.

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Conclusion

I am sorry but I must disagree. Each character is unique to its creator and in a sense some characters are luckier than others. it's a proven fact. Add Chris Rand0m to your friends in-game on Runescape and ask him. He's the one who explained the whole concept to me. But I rune 2 accounts like some people and my main is much luckier than my other account. Took other account to Cockroaches 3 times, and no rune scim or rune sq. I take my main there and i get at minimum 4

Rune Scim/Rune Sq drops per trip. Once got 7 Rune Scims in one trip. More tests could be taken to prove this theory but I think Chris's friend has done enough testing on it for us to know for sure it is true.

Yeah Aeil, luck does exist, just like the fairies in the imaginary 4th floor of my house.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

The current price for a Rune sq shield is 22,900gp.

Rune sq shields high alch for 23,040gp. The current price for a Nature rune is 249gp, so if you had to buy a Nature rune (assuming you have a fire staff), then you'd only make 22,791gp, which is less than selling it.

So basically, if you have Nature runes in your bank (and fire staff), you're better off high alching it. If not, then just put it in the GE, I guess.

Just thought I'd mention that.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Thanks for mentioning that. I never Bother with high alching even though i have the mage level for it. mostly due to the faact that it not worth it unless u are actually planning to up your mage level. This is a guide on how to make money off of cockroach soldiers. whether you high alch the drops or sell it on the GE or whatever you do with your drops, doesn't matter, as long as you learned how to make cash there and how to mazimize your profits there from my guide. but i might consider putting it in the profits maximization portion later on if I deem it worthy of it, but right now the price difference isnt really great enough to deem that measure be taken.

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

Zaderzun.png

With all due respect, all your guide is saying 'Hey there is a monster in F2P that can earn 'X-amount / hour. Put on your full rune and trusty scimi and go kill it!'

What I'd like to see are mostly:

Pictures / stats / the complete droplist.

Now that you're member, perhaps add something about members? Charms / herbs? Familiars?

Also, how many say you'd kill per trip on stats? Exp hour?

Something more then the marginal read we have now.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Conclusion

kill 500k cockroaches on both accounts and prove pls.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png