Couple of questions about Firefox, graphics card

slymongoose

Firefox:

I was wondering...in my task manager in the processes tab, firefox[Caution: Executable File] has an approx. memory of 97000k-102000k. This is way higher than any other memory value and I was wondering if this is considered normal...of if I should be worried?

Graphics card:

I used the dxdiag tool and it said my graphics card is : Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, with about 286 MB of memory. I browse the tech forum fairly regularly and I've found that when you guys speak about graphics cards the name Nivida (sp?) comes up alot. I was wondering how my card compares to that and other cards on a whole?

Thanks in advance.

Quotes from Sly:

=> "There's no magic to programming, just LOGIC."

=> "Only the best, is good enough."

Firefox just uses a lot of memory. If you aren't using Firefox 3, upgrade to it now: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

It has many improvements over v2; starts faster, loads pages faster, uses less memory, and rarely ever crashes.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

100K+ memory is normal for Firefox if you have many tabs open, or are playing RuneScape, even on version 3.

As for your graphics card, I've got a similar chipset on my laptop which runs RS fine on fullscreen, although most of the settings are set to low and it doesn't support anti-aliasing. You could replace it, you can get a fairly decent card for about £45 ($90) now which should support the game with all the settings on maximum. It depends if you are on a laptop or a PC though.

And Nvidia is just a computer hardware manufacturer that is well known for producing good graphics cards, along with its main rival ATI. If you want a new graphics card, those are the brands to go for.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

and rarely ever crashes.

Lie, it crashes all the time for me. I actually got rid of FF3 and went back to FF2 for better addon support and less crashes. It is a bit slow but my machine is fast enough for me not to notice.

and rarely ever crashes.

Lie, it crashes all the time for me. I actually got rid of FF3 and went back to FF2 for better addon support and less crashes. It is a bit slow but my machine is fast enough for me not to notice.

qft once firefox 3 crashed 5 times for me in 10 minutes. but it is ok now

the mods are riding my ass for it

Yeah, your firefox is entirely normal, mine runs at around 150-200k depending on the detail level. Consider yourself lucky it only runs on 100

In response to the graphics card, thats fine, it does the job well for what you're probably going to be using it for, that being runescape

NecroOne.jpg

Iamanarab - 119/110 Combat - 1700+ Total - P2P for the moment

Drops: [3] Dragon Legs [2] Shield Left Half [1] Draconic Visage