[Spacescape] - Complication ::.

KakashiX

I've started to get into making space scenes, and now I am trying to play around with making nebulas. So I made this background, all ps7, consisted of a LOT of brushing.

Anyways, tell me which version is better because I am not sure if the second is too crowded or not.

Comments/Criticism Appreciated

Version 1

complication1.th.jpg

Version 2

complication2.th.jpg

Very nice nebula work, if your trying to experiment with them in particular. As a whole though, I would say that too much of it is nebula covered, so if you were going for sheer looks instead of experimentation, you may have wanted to leave some more spaces without nebula's as they aren't usually the dominating feature in space. Otherwise, great job.

yea i agree entangle. they both look nice. im sure you're not done yet, but bring out some of the stars more. also, i dont really like the small planet with the double rings, but besides that, the nebulas are AWESOME. great job, and im looking forward to the final product. might even set it as my background :wink:

panoramiadk9.gif

Wow it does look complicated lol :shock:

Anyways looking realy nice so far can't wait to see the finished if this isn't it :P

Thanks, gonna try to find something else to add, I can see a few blackish spots from my brushing that I need to erase on there, so that'll be done though they probably aren't noticeable unless you stare at it for a little while.

Very nice nebula work, if your trying to experiment with them in particular. As a whole though, I would say that too much of it is nebula covered, so if you were going for sheer looks instead of experimentation, you may have wanted to leave some more spaces without nebula's as they aren't usually the dominating feature in space. Otherwise, great job.

Thanks for the advice, very helpful. For now, I was focusing on making the nebulas, so that I can just get a feel for it, and so it'll be easier the next time around if I wanted to make one. Next time I make a space scene, I'll do as you say and not let the nebula take up all of the scene as this one did.

the small planet looks really weird.

besides that it looks awsome :shock:

Yeah, it does look weird, I actually saw one that looked like it, but the person who did it actually made it look good >.> I plan on removing it on my next version. Thanks for the comment.

OMG, realy nice job!

I think 2nd is better

Thanks :), I wasn't sure which was actually better, I think you're the only one who said which was to them, so I'll take your judgement and work off the second :P.

Looks like a Greg Martin tutorial to me.

Looks to me you don't know what you're talking about... If you look at any of his tutorials, his planets look nothing like those shown here, and the starfield doesn't either. Seeing as though those are the only two tutorials he's made, this WP is clearly not made using them. Thanks for your opinion though ;).

yea i agree entangle. they both look nice. im sure you're not done yet, but bring out some of the stars more. also, i dont really like the small planet with the double rings, but besides that, the nebulas are AWESOME. great job, and im looking forward to the final product. might even set it as my background :wink:

It's for sure, I am taking out the small planet ;). I don't want the starfield to make the nebula look too grainy or seem through too much, also this was mainly to show the nebula, not as much the starfield. I'll brighten up the stars a bit so that they're visible, but not too much because then it'll just make it look odd :P. Thanks for the comments, I'll try to bring out the final version soon enough.

Looks to me you don't know what you're talking about... If you look at any of his tutorials, his planets look nothing like those shown here, and the starfield doesn't either. Seeing as though those are the only two tutorials he's made, this WP is clearly not made using them. Thanks for your opinion though .

His planets don't look like these ones, because he actually has talent and spent more than 2 seconds on his work.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

Looks to me you don't know what you're talking about... If you look at any of his tutorials, his planets look nothing like those shown here, and the starfield doesn't either. Seeing as though those are the only two tutorials he's made, this WP is clearly not made using them. Thanks for your opinion though .

His planets don't look like these ones, because he actually has talent and spent more than 2 seconds on his work.

You're clearly ignorant when proven wrong, or just an idiot, probably both. The texturing system that he uses in his tutorial isn't anything like how I made mine, nor is the technique making it all in any way whatsoever. Since you seem to not know what the hell you're talking about, and have nothing helpful to say, stay off my thread, thanks ;).

Nice space scene. The nebulae is great, but a little two overpoewring. It takes up way too much space of the image right now.

I don't like the clashing colours in some parts, either.

Thanks :P yeah, as said before, it was all experimentation on how to make it and on a real space scene I don't plan on having it take up the whole scene or make it so overpowering. I do agree with you on the color part, next time, I'll use a better scheme and hopefully it'll turn out better than this one.