Cruise Ship Actually Sinks!

Viktorkrum77

First off, the Sovereign isn't int he same family as the Liberty and Freedom.

Second off - do you think, in your experience, that the Royal Caribbean ships are "economic?"

I didn't book the cruise.

I would say, of course it was nice, the inside had been completely refurbished and it all looked great. But by economic I meant more then less is more, I meant that our stateroom wasn't that great, and we even had a balcony. The stateroom felt cheap, the hallways seemed very economic. The pool was always too crowded, the only place I really enjoyed was the deck, our balcony, and the Windjammer Caf̮̩̉̉. Though the public rooms were nice, I also didn't care for the assigned seating method. This is compared to pictures my Uncle and his wife took of their room, also having balcony, on the Queen Mary II, and on the Freedom, and from his pictures and experiences, at least for the QM2, it seemed much better, but also costs more. He's also been on Sovereign, he ranked it above Freedom.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame I can't find a single picture of the Dining Hall or any other part of a Royal Caribbean ship inside from my last visit. They look almost identical to the shots you posted of the QMII.

I'm just miffed about your assertion that the QMII is "elegant" compared to a RC ship - because that's just insane. If you had said Carnival, I would have agreed. But Royal Caribbean? Do you forget what their dining hall's looked like?

The Windjammer Cafe was the area you liked most? Then why are you bragging about elegance? There's nothing elegant about that area of the ship.

Your opinion confuses me. I also don't understand why you felt it necessary to tell me you didn't book the cruise - like that is relevant to anything.

locke.gif

It's a shame I can't find a single picture of the Dining Hall or any other part of a Royal Caribbean ship inside from my last visit. They look almost identical to the shots you posted of the QMII.

I'm just miffed about your assertion that the QMII is "elegant" compared to a RC ship - because that's just insane. If you had said Carnival, I would have agreed. But Royal Caribbean? Do you forget what their dining hall's looked like?

The Windjammer Cafe was the area you liked most? Then why are you bragging about elegance? There's nothing elegant about that area of the ship.

Your opinion confuses me. I also don't understand why you felt it necessary to tell me you didn't book the cruise - like that is relevant to anything.

I wasn't sure of the family, that's why I told you that.

The Windjammer never felt crowded, and that's why I liked it.

I would still take QM2's dinning hall over Sovereign's. I just find QM2 more elegant. But I wouldn't bet that lasting long since Carnival took over Cunard. It may of succeeded with QM2, but Queen Victoria looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Alright, I'll admit RC does have some pretty wicked shows. Flashdance at the Welcome Aboard Show was amazing, I'll give them that.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

I just came back from Greece. I was on Ocean Majesty, a partner with Sea Diamond. Sea Diamond was always on our tail during the cruise. It was with us when we went to Kusa Desi, Mekanos, Ephesus, Heraknon, Crete ( last island we went to before it crashed), and Santorini where it crashed. I actually saw the boat pound into the rocks. One of the pictures shows my boat in the distance. The people, when I saw them on the island, were so calm! They lost their luggage, passports, jewellery, everything, and it didn't seem like they cared. They got sent back to Athens. It was the last and most beautiful island of the entire tour. There were schools from North Carolina and Canada. A school from South Carolina was on my boat. Two french people have been reported missing though, a 45 year old man and his 16 year old daughter.

Alright then, Trapical beat this elegance...

Queen Mary 2 beats Freedom's crowded economic plan and interior by far.

Challenge accepted! To make it harder I will, only use pictures I took from my own camera! ^_^

Dining rooms:

QM2

inside1.jpg

RCCL

hivy8.jpg

Other Parts:

QM2

WinterGarden.jpg

061103_cruise_hmed1p.hmedium.jpg

RCCL

hi1bd1.jpg

hi2ow0.jpg

Queen Mary 2 beats Freedom's crowded economic plan and interior by far.

Beats it by far? If anything I say they are a tie. Both have crowded atrium's, both have large pools and then solarium's (the Sovereign was a small ship, but ships like Freedom/QM2 have multiple pools, many of them 'hidden' and not used all that much)

But the QM2 is full of the nostalgic elderly, whereas RCCL caters to all ages groups. Seeing as though I'm a teenager, I'll stick with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

My only true complaint with Freedom is that it looses the definition of a liner, a black hull, graceful bow, smokestack, open stern, etc. But then again, it's a Cruise Ship, they are both built for different types of cruises, so it it is the leader of a category of it's own, well, the category of cruise ships anyway.

Now, all we have to worry about is when Carnival's famed Genesis class ships hit the sea. :ohnoes:

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Now, all we have to worry about is when Carnival's famed Genesis class ships hit the sea. :ohnoes:

...regrettably Genesis is actually also Royal Carribean. Now for that one, I do agree with you. 250,000 tons? More than twice the size of the QueenMary2? Lol, it's almost comical. They are going to have near full size indoor waterfall. No one has ever done that before, not even in a regular building, let alone a ship!

But yea, that's too big. I doubt I would want ever want to go on it, but I would love to see what's inside someday.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

...regrettably Genesis is actually also Royal Carribean. Now for that one, I do agree with you. 250,000 tons? More than twice the size of the QueenMary2? Lol, it's almost comical. They are going to have near full size indoor waterfall. No one has ever done that before, not even in a regular building, let alone a ship!

But yea, that's too big. I doubt I would want ever want to go on it, but I would love to see what's inside someday.

I agree with that last bit.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.