SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME PLEASE?!?!?!

Joes_So_Cool

I would like an answer to this once and for all please. My computer restarts RANDOMLY. I haven't the slightest idea why. I don't know much about computers so if you could say "Dumb down your answer(s)" that'd be greatly appreciated.

The question I am asking is WHY?

These are some of the things that contributes to it restarting:

Viewing a myspace page.

Watching PK videos :boohoo:

PLEASE HELP ME!

~HaveXHeart.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

It could just be some sort of a virus of malware. So I would suggest getting a good program (AVG or something of the sort) and scanning your computer if you haven't done so already. But if you've already done that, would you mind posting your compter's specs? Like when you bought it, how old it is, how much RAM/disk space you have, what kind of processor you have, what OS you're running, if you've ever had these problems before and when the problems started. Also, if you've downloaded anything "weird" lately (like around the time that you're computer began restarting on it's own). :-k

That may be it, but there are other possibilities. But to find out what they are, I'm gonna need the following info:

Processor Clock Speed:

Operating System:

Amount of RAM:

Virus/SpyWare Protection:

What website are you running those PK videos off of:

Do you have a surge protector?

It could also be your computer overheating.

thats the most likely thing if you dont have any malware - make sure that all of your components are running at normal speed and that your fan (or water cooling system i guess) and heatsink are functioning properly.

Tk5SF.png

this could be it, mine used to restart when i used to run a lot of apps at once, the HDD would overheat and the computer just restarted, i got a HDD cooler and now works fine :D

My custom does this all the time because we leave it on all the time. It's just overheating and will restart to cool down. It's not malware, viruses, none of that.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Depending on your specs of the computer. I would open the side of the case and see whats actually going on. I would go with you needing a new powersupply or overheating as well. You might want to reapply some thermal paste if it is the heatsink/fan. Or if you have a low powered supply like 300watts running a dual core computer, u might need to upgrade to 500watts. Other than that, u could have a virus somewhere when you run a program, it executes to restart computer...good luck fixing the problem...

(GMT -5 Hours Eastern Time USA)