First pixel.. is it any good?

Vinestone1

goblinmanue5.png

IS that any good? I just wanted to try a pixel. I did this all on paint and didn't do any shading or layering or anything. If i did, or new how, it probably wouldn't be a bad pixel. Atleast i think...

Pleast tell me what you think and what I should do! I'm gonna try and do some shading and stuff now, but i'll leave this saved blank so i can start again.

I think i can do it...

so again please tell me what you think and what i should do or if i should just not do pixels ever again cause i don't know if this is good or bad or what??? :ohnoes: :XD:

1085052207vine.jpg

I would consider is "bad" but it is decent for a first pixel. Basicly you need to try shading a bit and get rid of your black lines. You shouldn't draw anything with the autoshapes. Another would be to reduce the size of your canvas.

here are some tutorials that you can read:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=217937

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=208856

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=567 ... sc&start=0

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=590038

its not tha bad but it could use alot of work!

I 100% agree. I am trying to shade darky under the parts that would need it.. like under cheek, around nose... bottom of ear.

Thanks for the advice i'll get rid of other lines and make canvas smaller.

more comments please! Once i finnish darkenening parts i'll post a new pic of what it looks like

1085052207vine.jpg

goblinmanwb7.png

heres where im at now i still have a ton more shading to do but I think it's getting better. The chin/beard thing looks a lot better and the nose looks alreight.

More constructive critisism please! is this good? What do i need to add to make it good?

1085052207vine.jpg

It's defiantly looking better with more shading but you should try getting rid of the black lines, it ruins it more than it helps it.

I made an example of what that horns would look like with no black lines and while i was at it I showed you where you could shade because i seems like all you are doing is drawing the shadows, be sure to read the tutorials i posted before because i did a bad shading job. The horns may not look as good since I took them from before you had shaded them. Perhaps you can fill in the eyes too.

monsterlk2.png

you have messed up with the shading cause your light source has no defined position. notice how you shaded almost everything on the lower part, which makes think that the light comes from above, but the top of the horns and the top of the head are shaded too, which makes it look like the light comes from below. And the tongue is way too bright! it looks like its a red light bulb lol

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

The parts i shaded were like under something wouldn't they be darker no matter where the light is?

But as you said, i dont' eve really have a light source #-o

Im gonna start another one. this one is getting boring...

1085052207vine.jpg

ok i dont have much time so ill give u just 1 advise: start with something smalls liek 80x80 pixels so u can use the same time on a smaller piece so u can put more detail in it.

And an extra thing: use mroe contrast, so more darker and lighter colors to give it more depth.

taz3xk1.jpg

you have messed up with the shading cause your light source has no defined position. notice how you shaded almost everything on the lower part, which makes think that the light comes from above, but the top of the horns and the top of the head are shaded too, which makes it look like the light comes from below. And the tongue is way too bright! it looks like its a red light bulb lol

You took the words out of my mouth Mit.

I agree 100% with Mitsubishi's statement.

sunshineef4.jpg

3,331st to 99 Fishing - 9-18-07 | 25,851st to 99 Cooking - 10-6-07