Something strange with videos.

Jaziek

There are certain vidoes, that when opened on my PC, will not allow you to take screenshots of them when played. They are in .divx format and i open them with divx player, although i have tried media player and powerdvd, to no avail. I can still screenshot other videos with .divx endings, just not this set. Its rather annoying as i want to make an avatar out of one of the scenes and i cant get a shot of it.

Do some vids have anti-screenshot protection or something?

ok sod what i said before.. cant screenshot any .divx files from any media player.. WHY!!

Tk5SF.png

Turn off hardware acceleration on your graphics driver and that might work.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

btw - i am trying to save the screenshots in paint.. and if i put the paint window over the video window, i can see whichever part of the video the paint 'canvas' is over at that point.. If the video is playing.. it plays in the paint window too, even though its meant to be a still image.

would using a different image editor make any difference?

Tk5SF.png

Turn off hardware acceleration on your graphics driver and that might work.

ok.. wouldnt that affect several other things on my system though? such as game performace ect..

Tk5SF.png

Yes it has DRM on it to prevent you from taking screenshots.

You can avert this by loading it into your own movie in windows movie maker (click start, click run, type "moviemk", press enter.)

Export that movie and you can do with it what you want.

Mastermule52.png

The refuge that you built to flee that places that you've come to fear the most ... is the place that you have come to fear the most.

Operator - http://www.heartunit.org

Council - http://z8.invisionfree.com/skillaz

Moderator - http://forum.meebo.com

Yes it has DRM on it to prevent you from taking screenshots.

You can avert this by loading it into your own movie in windows movie maker (click start, click run, type "moviemk", press enter.)

Export that movie and you can do with it what you want.

.divx inst supported by windows movie maker.. and i highly doubt that my videos have drm on them.

Tk5SF.png

VLC player has a built in screenshot thing and you don't need to turn off hardware acceleration to make it work.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12