Pest control & other sugestions

Nenga

I was at pc today and it was filled with noobs (wow). Now when pc first came out it was the best way to train. Then jagex released the zeal rule where you had to have 50 point of zeal (hits) per game. less high lvls played. Then jagex released some more rewards which sparked a pc rage for a couple of weeks but ended. So how do we restore this mini game to its former glory? We give better rewards (in a sense). We know the zeal rule of 50 hits per game, but why stop there? I think you should keep geting pest points based one your amount of zeal in a game.

E.x.

old zeal system

50 zeal: 1 point

100 zeal: 1 point

150 zeal: 1 point

and so on...

My zeal system

50 zeal: 1 point

100 zeal: 2 pont

150 zeal: 3 point

and so on...

-----------------------

1 handed weapons?

We all know one handed and two handed weapons, but in real life you can double grip a sword for faster swings, more power, etc. So why can't we do that one runescape. By sacrificing a sheild you could hold 1 sword, battle axe, etc in two hands for a little more acuracy, str bonus, and speed. (this won't work on 2 handed weapons)

-----------------------

Barbarian Assult

In barb assult you used to be able to get exp, but jagex stoped this, Why? because B.A. gave you unlimited rune and arrow supply.

My sugestion is give back the exp in B.A. but limit the runes and arrows they get per game.

ok I'm done please tell me what you think.

We all know one handed and two handed weapons, but in real life you can double grip a sword for faster swings, more power, etc. So why can't we do that one runescape. By sacrificing a sheild you could hold 1 sword, battle axe, etc in one had for a little more acuracy, str bonus, and speed. (this won't work on 2 handed weapons)

This doesn't make sense.

If you're suggesting that you can use any one-handed weapon in two hands, that's not actually as realistic as you argue it to be. Using a broadsword with two hands won't help much, because you would have to overlap your hands on the hilt, which means you don't actually get any extra power or control. To use a weapon two-handed, it needs to be able to be used in that way in the first place, i.e. it has a long hilt or haft, in the case of an axe. Either that, or you half-sword, which basically turns your sword into a club with edges.

If you're suggesting dual-wielding, then you should run a search on topics that have tried to suggest it. I'm sick of repeating the same arguments over and over because people want to introduce some ridiculous notion of "realism" that they picked up from Hollywood.

Nice post, I especially like the one-handed weapons weilded as two-handed. A simple way to come by that suggestion would be to increase the attack stat bonuses on one-handed weapons, and then decrease the attack bonuses for shields by the same amount. This could be something like (+5)-(+20) for ALL basic one-handed weapons and then (-5)-(-20) for ALL basic shields. The dagger pobably shouldn't be included in this, unless of course you lower its speed dramatically when using it as a two-handed weapon because of how awkward it is.

All Ideas: Support/No Opinion (I couldn't care about the BA, I'm F2P)

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Barbarian Assult

In barb assult you used to be able to get exp, but jagex stoped this, Why? because B.A. gave you unlimited rune and arrow supply.

My sugestion is give back the exp in B.A. but limit the runes and arrows they get per game.

ok I'm done please tell me what you think.

This would ruin the game for attackers unless they used melee. A limit on arrow / runes would have to be very high per round to accomadate those who can't do an attack style, or hit high with melee alone.

Tetris is about using the equal force of the working power to build up the glorious people's republic of Russia....

life mage , no offence , but your suggetion is really Really bad ...

Number one , if you follow YOUR Zeal system , pest control is already the fastest way of getting exp with around 80,000 exp points per hour . That includes one point for winning the round which gives bonus exp ... Jagex made this system so people dont enter the pest island and dont do anything while you get the points ... but if you get 1 point per 50 damage (2 for 100 , 3 for 150) , it would make the system beserk and people will no longer train on monsters and will only play pest control making it very very over crowded ... it would eventually destroy runescape as everyone is going to by sitting with 99 att-def-strenth-hits ... I hit around 400 - 1000 hits every round on the pests , that would mean .. aroud 8 - 20 points ... thats super fast leveling , and its going to suck the fun out of leveling becuase it will be so easy , so your suggetion is by far the worst suggetion ive seen ... sorry to say . So how about jagex adopting your suggetion for one day , the next day everyone will be saying "Woh , One million level 126's"

Number Two ... there is already a major imbalance between the different combat types and holding a one-handed weapon as a 2h is pretty stupid , you know why ? BECUASE THEY ARE ALREADY 2h Weapons without a shield which offer more stats then a single handed one , consider how a d2h has better stats then a dlong although they are the same thing but the latter is being held by both hands .

Number 3 ... if we reduce the arrows and runes in Barbarian Assualt ... All the attackers will be melee warriors and no one would be a attacker while maging or ranging , JAGEX HAS MADE this in a very well made way giving all three types of combat a equal role in this minigame . If you remove the runes and arrows amount yoiu get , it will make it painful for mages and rangers who will want to swtich to attack becuase melee attackers dont have to pull the lever to refill anything . By winning a match you already get cool rewards , if you want exp then go train on a monster , im sure no-one trains exp on barbarian assualt and they do it for fun or either to get the cool Penance rewards or the Granite Plate .

So basicly im not going to start a big argument , but your suggetions are filled with flaws .... and would bring the end of runescape ... and the Two handed weapon thing has been said before and is rejected , so why bother repeating ?

heh, welcome to the world of noobscape, its made up of purescape, autoscape, and sadscape, it makes up 60% of all of runescape :(

umervakil_24.png