Need help researching alternative combat methods!

Hey, you see my Rs name on the side. If you're interested in finding out more about range and prayer, and making it common knowledge, add that name to your Runescape friendlist. If I can get 5 people, we'll research the following things, and come back with answers:

1) Exactly how long does prayer last, recorded to the nearest second? Down to every last prayer, prayer combination, and all the prayer bonuses we can afford.

2)How much do the cross bow bolts hit for? Do gem tips cause more damage? How powerful are the enchantments? Are pearl bolts viable for training on Fire Giants or topaz bolts viable for ice giants? Does your magic bonus and level affect how often the enchantments take place?

3) How hard do obby rings and Karil's bow hit?

A couple of things in closing... I'm not that rich. Sell my santa and all my items and I have maybe 40 mil max. Therefore, we'll coordinate activities and exchange data, but we'll all be buying our own testing materials. Please pm me, or post here. I'll check back every so often.

mr_moron72.png

Look at my evidence of geekdom... MWAHAHAHA!

Well I can be pretty standard with you on the bolttips.

I have used so far (and have left in the bank) some lovely opal tipped echanted bolts. The lighting strike ones. The special seems 1 in 20-30 SLOW shots. The special deals extra damage, doing up to 15 (I thought) damage. But it is far from great.

Pearl tips I have tried. Excellent with high ranged against the KBD. Spec owns the hell out of of fire monsters. Being dragons. But the spec is.. rare.

As being an alternative source, take in account that higher level bolttips, take higher level bolts. And since bronze is the only bolt purchaseble.. 1gp ea. Iron at 25gp per bolt And steel, going 65 gp per bolt. This is no valid alternative.

The crossbow is slow. The specials are rare. The echantments are expensive. The smithing of the bolts is expensive. The whole lot takes time. It is no valid way of training. Just a valid way of having some fun at CW. (stunning people can become quite an addictive habid :XD: )

You can PM me ingame when I am online

RSN: 12pure34

I have several bolts echanted in my bank as 2 rune C bows, so just give me a call if you want to test them out with me.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

About the prayer part...

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=424 ... ight=green

Ignore the first part and scroll down to the "elusive prayer bonus" for info on that.

That's just a rough estimate I did on my own quite a while ago...the runeHQ one is easier for most things.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Wow, thanks for all your help guys! I guess that leaves d stone bolts for when I feel like blowing some cash :P. Oh and gonpost, I know a little C++ so if you have a compiler I could send you code for a calculator. Really, that was a great piece of info.

mr_moron72.png

Look at my evidence of geekdom... MWAHAHAHA!