Dream Mentor Final Fight Help

Foodfight13

I need any and all recommendations to making this battle as easy as possible.

Stats:

91 Combat

73 Attack

72 Strength

72 Defence

75 Hitpoints

71 Ranged

76 Magic

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

I did it with about your stats (74 attack, 76 strength and 70def, 62 ranged, 70 mage)

This is what you should do:

get a lot of tuna-corn-potatoes (they heal 22, which is more than sharks)

get a bit super attack potion

Wear d hide (I only had red because my range isn't 70)

when at the bank, take a sip of super attack, and take one 4 dose with you

one spot with tinderbox, other with potion, 1 with throwing knives (I only had iron)

equip a decent melee weapon (I used d scimmy, whip would be better)

The first monster is the hardest, just watch your health (melee him, else he'll use that magic attack)

range the second: Safe spot (go to the WEST side of the lectern; edit: the lectern is in the north, but stand next to it at the west side)

the third monster hits high from time to time (I wasn't fast enough to safespot him too, so I meleed him)

Last monster (the worm thing) is something like a bad joke (you PWN him easily, it's just annoying that he keeps digging)

Thanks, does anyone else have any other strategies?

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

I completed the quest at 90 combat, with stats similar but a little lower than yours.

I wore full rune (I failed in D'Hide) because the only time you'll be hit by mage is the first fight. I'd suggest either Rune or Barrows.

Before you go in, drink a super set, bank the super set and withdraw 3 more sharks, then enter the fights.

You'll take the most damage from the first monster (probably because of the mage attacks), but very little from the others.

Good luck!

Domo+Lw.png

~Proud owner of the Quest Cape~

~Proud owner of the Cooking Cape~

Dragon Drops: Dragon Chain x 1

Posted this in another thread, but thought i'd put it here in case it helps...

This is just a brief guide of what to expect with the final monster. I looked for something like this but didn't find it so i hope others will find it useful. This is just based on my experience but i hope people will add their own in.

I have 101 combat with 82atk, 82str, 79def and 82hp.

What I Took

Wore: helm of neitiznot, rune plate, rune legs, rune kite, black boots, cape of legends, abby whip, ammy of glory and ring of recoil.

Took: seal of passage, 11 tuna potatoes, 11 sharks, super set, dream potion vessel and tinderbox.

The Fight

The Inadequacy (Lvl 343)

Take your super set before entering. Prayer does not work throughout the fight and you cannot teleport away. After entering you see a cut scene. At the end of this you are attacked by The Inadequacy (Level-343). If you are not next to it, it fires some black goo at you which hit me for 19. It melees you when you are close to it. It hit me a few 20's (so the ring of recoil is pretty useful), but also a few 0's. I may have been quite lucky as i hit quite a few 26 and 27's and managed to kill it using 7 potatoes.

Half way through the fight a few monsters called "The Doubt" (level-79) will appear and attack too. Just ignore these and carry on fighting the Inadequacy. He is hard, but seems to have low defence and around 220 (at a rough guess) hitpoints.

The Everlasting (Lvl223)

Was much easier for me than the first guy. Hit some 16's but only used about 3 potatoes on him. Nothing special, just melee him.

The Untouchable (Lvl274)

Harder but was reasonably simple. Hit a 19 on me but just used a bit more food and didn't really need to take another dose of my super set. Just used 3 more potatoes to get past.

The Illusive (Lvl108)

This is just annoying. Like falador mole after each hit it digs under and reappears elsewhere. I think this took longer than the other 3 put together. Didn't hit me once though!

I think i was quite lucky with these to be honest! But hope this helps.

Thank you all. From my fight, I have to say that melee combat is the best way to go. Full rune with whip, rune boots, barrows gloves, and glory makes a great combo. It's too short a fight to bring pots in with you, just sip at bank. You can also light the brazier, then put your tinderbox back for an extra shark or "tuna-corn potato." Thanks for your help again, everyone. Others can still post their suggestions for any other people who need recommendations.