word association adverts problem

Is it my PC or is it a general thing - I seem to be getting certain words highlighted and underlined in green throughout the Forums at the moment. When I click on them it takes me off to another site - advertising something loosly connected to the word.

Have I been infested with some malware? If so how can I get rid - I've got Norton, Spyblocker, Adaware running and it seems to have got past all of these.

Suggestions welcome

Helios

Helios_Gamos.png

Quod liet ingratum est; Quod non licet acrius urit.

"After many suggestions and concerns, we have decided to test drive new advertising methods from another provider on our forum.

Please feel free to continue to report inappropriate ads that may appear, but there is no reason to bring it to our attention that ads are appearing differently then you are used to.

In the coming months, Silverion and I will be closely monitoring the displayed ads and making whatever changes are necessary to get rid of the annoying and intrusive ones.

This change will have no effect on the Runetips helpsite as we are only using the forum to test drive the new advertisers"

the above quote is from the announcements sticky, i am pretty sure this is what they are referring to... i get it too, and while its annoying a bit-- it DOES beat the creepy "hotpockets dojo master"

anishka0.png

anishka0.png

I don't need to *get a life*~ i'm a gamer, i have lots of lives!

Whoops! I really should read the announcements before posting.

Well I don't like them - they interupt the flow of reading a post.

They also don't open the advert in a new window when one clicks on the text - a bit of a pain as one has to restart logging in to the forums having rashly clicked the big red x in the top right to get rid of the intrusion. :wall:

:idea: - don't click on things you don't understand

Helios_Gamos.png

Quod liet ingratum est; Quod non licet acrius urit.

Hmmmm

for me those ads appear as a small pop up with a link to be clicked on to take me to the main ad.

The pop up only appears if I hover my mouse over the underlined word - so as long as I keep my mouse on the scroll bar no problems :lol:

Not sure how the word underlined relates to the advert it leads you to though.

Although I am glad to be seeing less adverts on the banner for RS gold, not sure if I really want to be directed to a web site where I can meet gay black men. :lol:

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

I dont get ads at all here on the forums. But I use firefox with built in Adblock Plus.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

LOL trust Vladdie to get the gay black man ad..hehehe

I haven't seen any green ads. But I have ad blockers pop up blockers etc.

i just have the standared banner advertisement up the top from google.

My ads are all about Balls at the moment...Golf Balls...Order your Balls now...LOL

member=Iwik.pngmember=Pearls.png

"In the real world as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems" - The Book of Counted Sorrows