C/C Needed - Terragen - (Comment please Nadril)

djscoobsta

Hi,

Alot of the older media members will remember me and my Terragen works esp. Nadril (You still owe me 50k buddy). Well I just finished my 1st work of 2005 and I'm very happy with it. Many may remeber my works as rubbish but I have learned over Xmas, Calmed down and decided to do some good work. I done 3 versions and now I dont know what ones look best...SO:

I'm asking for some C/C and Feedforward/Feedback etc.

Anyone with PS or PSP will know what I have done to these but I'll Explain them anyway.

NORMAL VERSION:

norm7sh.gif

GAUSSIAN BLURED VERSION: (Softer)

gblur2ci.gif

SHARPENED VERSION: (More real looking)

sharp6xw.gif

Soon I may reopen a Sig Shop and work for RS GP But untill then I will most likely only be doing sigs for myself and close friends. You may ask but don't go angry if I say no.

Thanks,

Djscoobsta

ur the only person here that i know uses terragen. cant say ur bad though.

ur works are great.

can u make the blurred one more misty? it kinda looks the same compared to the normal version.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

nice sigs dj i remember you and dont you play Runescape Classic aswell??(if you do then good so do i)

erm cc

the sharpened one looks more realistic as you can see the texture of the water better

the softened one looks like its a misty/foggy sea

and the normal one is just normal lol

They are all good its just depends on what style people like!!!

Neanderslave

neanderslave2pmdw2uq4.jpg

ur works are great.

can u make the blurred one more misty? it kinda looks the same compared to the normal version.

Well Thank You,

Your very humble but before I left for Xmas Holidays at the beach there were several members that used terragen (Nadril, Demoris, Me & many many more). I since this is my 1st time back on media I have no idea who has left over xmas.

The blurred one is different to the normal one I didn't use a very powerful blur as I thought it destroyed it.

Thank You for your comments

I'd personally work on the surface map a bit more, but each to his own, I guess.

Thanks for comment, I'm still not to good on surfaces and colours (colors) I couldn't think of something to go with it but I tryed if you have a suggestion I still have the terragen window open so I can change it if you have a idea.

nice sigs dj i remember you and dont you play Runescape Classic aswell??(if you do then good so do i)

erm cc

the sharpened one looks more realistic as you can see the texture of the water better

the softened one looks like its a misty/foggy sea

and the normal one is just normal lol

They are all good its just depends on what style people like!!!

Neanderslave

Once again thanks for comments.

Ya I still play RSC I'm leaving members as I dont play much anymore.

as I earlier said sharp looks real and i didn't do the blur to much as it destroyed the image and the blur is to make it look more misty.

Thanks All,

Djscoobsta

It's far better then my first work in terragen :shock:

How do you do the water?

Thanks for comment,

Quility comes with experience, i was most likely on holidays when you posted ur 1st works other wise i would of C/C'ed them.

The water button is the 3rd one down the menu on the left hand side (one with pics on them) and for very basic water just ajust the water level (it defualts at -300.m) and add / subtract to the number till you get the water level you want as you get better you can experiment with the other settings and find out wat they do. :wink:

oh so that's why u wanted Nadril.

well not much people left on terragen. theres a few who occasionally pop-up, though i think those are other 3D programs...

anyways i also noticed that i liked the water on the original, rather than the sharpened one.

(probably too choppy on the sharpened/calmer on the normal)

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I normally use a lot of very slight variations on colour to get a better quality for a particular surface. Try setting the half-height of the haze to around the level of the waterline, and raise the density if you want some fog.

oh so that's why u wanted Nadril.

well not much people left on terragen. theres a few who occasionally pop-up, though i think those are other 3D programs...

anyways i also noticed that i liked the water on the original, rather than the sharpened one.

(probably too choppy on the sharpened/calmer on the normal)

ya as i said i have been away so i dont know whoes still round .. i hope nad is.

I normally use a lot of very slight variations on colour to get a better quality for a particular surface. Try setting the half-height of the haze to around the level of the waterline, and raise the density if you want some fog.

I didnt want it too foggy :D thanks for tips tho :wink:

hmm... at least thank god its cleaner than the rest of your sigs.

The text isn't an anoying color or anything. But post-processing aside, i'll say what i think about the landscape.

Ok, the surface map is VERY simplistic, perhaps a little bit too simplistic. If you wanted to do an island, you should have had a beach on the outskirts, and grass/dirt on the top. However, i don't realy like the just 1 island on a sig look. Guess it might just be me.

Right now the sig looks just kind of booring, simplistic. The guas blur version is much better than the *eww* sharpened version, and in my opinion the guas blur looks more "realistic"

Still, it needs alot of work to pull your self out of the just avarage, plain, booring terragen works that happen alot. Give your self time to play with a more interesting atmosphere, or at least spend time working on a surface map that looks realistic, or just plain cool.

~Nadril

hmm... at least thank god its cleaner than the rest of your sigs.

The text isn't an anoying color or anything. But post-processing aside, i'll say what i think about the landscape.

Ok, the surface map is VERY simplistic, perhaps a little bit too simplistic. If you wanted to do an island, you should have had a beach on the outskirts, and grass/dirt on the top. However, i don't realy like the just 1 island on a sig look. Guess it might just be me.

Right now the sig looks just kind of booring, simplistic. The guas blur version is much better than the *eww* sharpened version, and in my opinion the guas blur looks more "realistic"

Still, it needs alot of work to pull your self out of the just avarage, plain, booring terragen works that happen alot. Give your self time to play with a more interesting atmosphere, or at least spend time working on a surface map that looks realistic, or just plain cool.

~Nadril

thanks man its not ment to be an island :twisted: its like a pininsula disapearing into thin air. re looking at it i do thing the sharper ones ugly but it was worth a shot. and as i said earlier i coulkdit think of a surface map for it. so u do think im improving or am i miss judging wat ur saying :?

~Djscoobsta

ur works are great.

Ever Heard of Nadril? :roll:

yourmysin.jpeg

Current Goals

80/80 Fletching

60/75 Woodcutting

97/100 Combat

ur works are great.

ever heard of stating the ovious that i already stated????

Personally i dont like your sigs at all, they are very basic and very odd. Because it looks like youve just ripped off a background and put a border and text on it, make them more advanced if thats the right word im looking for...

8)

Personally i dont like your sigs at all, they are very basic and very odd. Because it looks like youve just ripped off a background and put a border and text on it, make them more advanced if thats the right word im looking for...

8)

look dude just cause u and i never got along dont mean u have to go all anti

i make the backgrounds myself in a 3d render program

adding a border makes a sig look complete

and adding an effect makes it different from a normal render and nicer to look at and adding a name is self explaining :roll:

If you dont have anything positive to say dont say anything and dont accouse people of ripping and get a knowledge of terragen :twisted:

ur works are great.

omgomgomg i get a rolley eye smily by my name?

woot, i feel honored :lol:

And yes, Dj your improving. Still, work on your terrains and surface maps a ton.

lol @ Ne0z. Don't you think that if he riped stuff he would rip stuff of better uhm... quality? :shock:

ur works are great.

omgomgomg i get a rolley eye smily by my name?

woot, i feel honored :lol:

And yes, Dj your improving. Still, work on your terrains and surface maps a ton.

lol @ Ne0z. Don't you think that if he riped stuff he would rip stuff of better uhm... quality? :shock:

Thanks Nad i agreed 120% percent with all that i still do find picking a surface map hard :cry: could u pm me a little tut on that :?

Cheers anyway

Djscoobsta