good way to lv 70 range

smobo

I'm currently lv 56 range and i want to get to lv 70. Whats the fastest way to get to lv 70 without using a whole bunch of cash. I am willing to invest up to 600k to get it, but i will invest a bit more if it's a really fast method.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

lots of iron arrows and either firegiants or hell hounds

i liked hell hounds more better safe spotting and less crowded most of the time...

although fire giants will help you recoup most of your money spent..

from 75-78 range i got 2 half shields ranging fire giants

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm currently 50 range with the same goal of getting to 70 as quickly as possible without spending gobs of cash.

So far, I've found that firing iron arrows at the hobgoblins on the island near the crafting guild is very, very quick. You lose your arrows and don't get any drops, but there isn't much competition there and you can keep the arrows flying nonstop.

At all of the other usual places, there is a lot of competition. Giants, demons, ogres, etc. I also find that I end up wasting a lot of time walking around picking up arrows and drops.

I buy my irons at 20ea, I guess I would use bronze if I could get them for 10ea, but 15ea seems much more common so I just go with iron. Next time I'm on, I'll keep track of how many arrows I use in an hour and how much experience I gain in that same period and I'll give you a rough guess at the cost per experience (the guess will be high as I'll do more damage per arrow as I gain levels) along with experience earned per hour.

edit: Someone just mentioned the tip.it ranged calculator. I plugged my numbers into it and this is what I got:

You need to kill 5,480

29 HP Monsters to gain 635,627 XP

for level 70 Ranged

If I figure 10 arrows per hobgoblin, it will take me roughly 55k iron arrows to get level 70 which will cost me about 1.1 million at 20ea. I think that my guesses are very conservative so my end cost will probably be less than that.

tip.it ranged calculator

viral_wulf.png

I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm currently 50 range with the same goal of getting to 70 as quickly as possible without spending gobs of cash.

So far, I've found that firing iron arrows at the hobgoblins on the island near the crafting guild is very, very quick. You lose your arrows and don't get any drops, but there isn't much competition there and you can keep the arrows flying nonstop.

At all of the other usual places, there is a lot of competition. Giants, demons, ogres, etc. I also find that I end up wasting a lot of time walking around picking up arrows and drops.

I buy my irons at 20ea, I guess I would use bronze if I could get them for 10ea, but 15ea seems much more common so I just go with iron. Next time I'm on, I'll keep track of how many arrows I use in an hour and how much experience I gain in that same period and I'll give you a rough guess at the cost per experience (the guess will be high as I'll do more damage per arrow as I gain levels) along with experience earned per hour.

edit: Someone just mentioned the tip.it ranged calculator. I plugged my numbers into it and this is what I got:

You need to kill 5,480

for level 70 Ranged

If I figure 10 arrows per hobgoblin, it will take me roughly 55k iron arrows to get level 70 which will cost me about 1.1 million at 20ea. I think that my guesses are very conservative so my end cost will probably be less than that.

tip.it ranged calculator

You can do animal magnitism(or w\e the quest is called) to get ava's accumalator so it auto picks up about 75% of your arrows

dax_jacks.png

dax_jacks.png

I'm currently lv 56 range and i want to get to lv 70.

Ok, you can do that with about

8411 Bronze arrows if you pick them up (or about 33644 if you don't pick up) or about

8273 Iron arrows if you pick them up (or about 33092 if you don't pick up)

Whats the fastest way to get to lv 70 without using a whole bunch of cash.

Well, I don't know about members but, if you shoot minotaurs

in the SoS then you can use the arrow drops for more kills.

That will save you a bunch of money.

I am willing to invest up to 600k to get it, but i will invest a bit more if it's a really fast method.

I'm curious, why so fast?

"Fast" will almost always cost you big $$$

Hope this helps

You need to kill 5,480

for level 70 Ranged

tip.it ranged calculator

You can do animal magnitism(or w\e the quest is called) to get ava's accumalator so it auto picks up about 75% of your arrows

I wish. The problem with that quest is that it requires level 31 prayer.

viral_wulf.png

What they said is partially true. When I became P2P I wanted 70 range so I could use my crystal bow. I went from 40 to 70 in about three weeks. I did a mix of the ranging mini game (the one with the targets) and the giants from King Lathas' training place north of Ardougne. Beack then, it was pretty crowded. I went back a week ago for nostalgia and nobody was there.

dark_envoy66.png

dark_envoy66.png