Cooking guide...no burn levels...

well as a 99 cooker, i have experimented a bit with sharks and not burning. at level 100/99 cooking sharks on a fire, i still burned. however, at level 99/99 using a standard range, i did not burn any. you might want to throw in that using a range will help stop burning sharks eventually. (sorry about not knowing specific level this starts.)

8,539th to 99 cooking!!! Achieved January 17, 2007, one day before I turned 16!

dragonmsanta,benoit4whc.gif

if i'm correct. the guide states that a range has a lower burn rate than a fire

Right... it's lower.

You do still burn regardless of the cooking method you use - fire or range.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

book_of_metal is correct, the cooking guide specifically states that you will burn less of anything on a range versus a fire.

And yes, no burn level GUIDELINES for some fish are listed at the bottom of the cooking guide.

We have come close in the past to ripping this data out of the guide completely, because people continually write in stating that their experience differs by one level. The trouble is that we can't base our guides on ONE person's experience - the number has to apply to MOST people, for hundreds of fish.

So I rather need at least 10 but preferable 20 to 100 people with 99 FM to write in stating that they don't burn sharks on a range when their cape is activated. And then if we thought the stop burn level was lower, I'd need dozens of people at those levels to post.

I realise that Jmods have at various times posted on the cooking skill cape / sharks question - unfortunately Jmods have a tendency to contradict each other, and due to your question I checked today and there is still nothing in the Knowledge Base to state the effect of cooking skill cape. :(

The only reason our guide states that cooking gauntlets reduce the burn rate on monkfish 2.5% is because a TIF admin cooked literally THOUSANDS of monkfish from level 85 to level 99 cooking and kept the data to prove it. That's the kind of info we use to write our guides.

Thanks though for wanting to share your experience.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.