Newest Quests and woodcutting help

meol

Two spooky Quests, eh? I just got to get 85 combat and I'm on my way to 71 woodcutting, so I wanted to know the best (safest) way to kill the Inadequacy and its friends, as well as the monsters from the other quest. (Remember I'm only level 85)

Also, I'd want advice on how to get 71 (70 with Axeman's Folly) woodcutting faster, right now I'm cutting willows near the Barabarian Outpost, is there any faster way? Maybe maples or hollow trees?

Thanks in advance!

This signature is intentionally left blank.

NOTE: I know it's a long post but I just wanted to be very thorough. My tactics work since I was lvl-85 when I finished Dream Mentor. If I can do it, so can you!

To kill the Inadequacy and his merry band, you'll need to first properly equip yourself. You'll need enough supplies to get through all four battles in one shot! Leaving the Dream plane at any time resets the battles and you'll have to fight them all over again. A word of caution though, if you are down to your last piece of food, run! It's better to retreat and live to fight another day.

Anyways, let's have a brief summary of the four monsters you'll have to get through. The first fight is with the Inadequacy, which is a formidable opponent and you'll have to get into melee range to attack him or else he'll throw some devastating spells at you. The second battle is with Untouchable, which has high defense but only uses melee attacks. The third battle is with the Everlasting and also uses melee attacks and can be defeated with the same strategy as the Untouchable. Finally, the Illusive is well, illusive and shouldn't pose any problem.

Now, I recommend the following equipment setup:

- magic defense armor; ex. dragon hide body and chaps

- gloves; ex. barrow gloves

- primary one-hand melee weapon; ex. dragon longsword

- secondary one-hand melee weapon with poison; ex. dragon dagger (p++)

- one-hand range weapon; ex. mithril knives, mithril crossbow and mithril bolts

- shield/defender that provides magical defence; ex. Saradomin God Book or rune defender

- boots; ex. climbing boots

- amulet; ex. Glory, Power

- helmet; ex. Helm of Neitiznot

Recommended inventory

- 1 4-dose Super set; Super Attack, Super Strength, Super Defense

- Tinderbox

- Waking-Sleep potion

- Seal of Passage

- all the Tuna Potatoes you can carry!!!

Preparing for battle:

- Bank everything except for the Seal of Passage, Tinderbox and Waking-Sleep potion

- speak to Cyrisus and he'll take the Waking-Sleep potion from you and you'll light the Tinderbox

- you enter the Dream plane now immediately run north to the Lecturn, right-click on to leave

- suit up, have bank your Seal of Passage and substitute in another Tuna Potato in its place but now you won't be able to talk to an Lunar citizens (but that's not too important)

- pot up on your Super Set, light the brazier and enter the fight!

The Inadequacy:

- run up to the Inadequacy and let off all of your DDP specials on it

- once your Special bar is drained, switch to your primary melee weapon and keep attacking

- ignore the Doubts and remember to eat when your health drops down by 18 points

- if you're lucky, you'll make it through this fight alive and have 8 to 10 Tuna Potatoes left

The Untouchable:

- run towards the Lectern and stand on either side of it

- switch to your range weapon and start attacking the Untouchable

- depending on your range level, this might take a while since the Untouchable is high defense and hitpoints

The Everlasting:

- stay at the Lecturn and just keep firing your range weapon at it

The Illusive:

- this one burrows into the ground and pops up at random locations

- switch to your DDP and use the Special attack immediately

- when your Special bar text is red, that means the next attack will fire off the Special attack immediately, which is what you want

- chase the Illusive around and keep attacking it with the DDP special

- the Illusive rarely, if ever attacks back so this battle is easy

That's it! Good luck.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Well, now that Celestrana provided a nice guide for the monsters (thanks a lot :thumbsup:), can anyone confirm if willows in Barbarian Outpost is the best way for me to get 71 wc? Also, should I invest on a daxe?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Well, now that Celestrana provided a nice guide for the monsters (thanks a lot :thumbsup:), can anyone confirm if willows in Barbarian Outpost is the best way for me to get 71 wc? Also, should I invest on a daxe?

Willows are pretty much the fastest EXP at that level.

And a dragon axe would help a bit, but I'd say only get it unless you plan on chopping yews or magics in the future. Just my opinion though. :)

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

The Rimmington willow trees provide a few conveniences. One, there's a firemaking line that you can use once you're fully loaded with willow logs. Two, you can fletch the willow logs into whatever unstrung willow bow you can and sell it to the nearby general store. Three, hopefully it's far enough from a bank that autoers find it inconvenient to chop willow trees there.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

for the woodcutting i would recommend going to tai bwo wannai [the jungle], get 100 favour then go into the forest with just a wc axe and tinder if you want fm too and cut the teak logs in there and drop them like power mining or burn them.

SmallBlog.jpg

xxv0lcomxx.png

Back From Being Hacked July 10th!

NOTE: I did this quest at lvl-86. So again, if I can do it, you can do it too! Boy, I'm starting to sound like Chef Yan of "Yan Can Cook"... it's an old 80's cooking show that I use to watch with my mum when I was really young. :mrgreen:

Surprisingly, Grim Tales has a easy fight since you can use Protect Melee against the Cloud Giant's attacks. Make sure you're carrying at least 10 Prayer potions so that you won't run out at the wrong time and load up on all the Tuna Potatoes that you can carry.

You can fight the Cloud Giant like any other melee monster but it is paramount that you must keep an eye on your prayer screen!!! Periodically, the Cloud Giant can cause your Protection Prayer to turn off and you must promptly turn it back on or else your bones will be made into the Giant's bread. If I'm not mistaken, I believe this happens when you call out some sort of war cry and rush the giant. I can't remember the exact conditions that causes your Protection Prayer to turn off, so it's easier to just watch your prayer screen.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png