Summoning, what spells will it entail?

Doughnut

As per Malignus Mortifier's methods of Necromancy, I believe Summoning should require the player to use certain incantations in order to Summon a creature or object (Curses- More fungi!). For instance, the Incantation to Teleother someone to the Rune Essence mines is "Senventior Disthine Molenko." The player, through questing or study of Latin, would learn the words to be used and the order in which they should be used. Using different combinations of words would have different results, such as creatures of different species or varying strength.

Some variance (probably based on the player's name) would change which combinations worked for each player so as to make Summoning a truly skill-based skill and not merely a skill you can read a guide for and/or "buy" for quick success. Alternatively, certain shapes could be drawn to summon certain creatures (a pentagram for a demon, for instance).

Penalties for using a bad incantation could range from amusing to deadly: A badly-cast Necromancy spell could result in the growth of harmless fungi or cabbage, while a failed demon summoning spell could result in a rogue greater demon that turns on its would-be master.

Consumable materials like runes, certain herbs, logs, pyres, leaves, bloods, oils, etc. and/or certain environments would be needed to summon certain types of creatures. For example, a lava elemental or fire giant could be summoned freely inside Karamja volcano provided you had enough Animation (I like the sound of "Life" as suggested earlier) runes. ALL summoning spells would be fairly costly in terms of materials needed, but would give VERY substantial amounts of experience.

In combat, the Summoner would need to be very savvy as to the type of fighting environment he chooses: If he fights in a charred, empty area devoid of anything but rocks, his best bet would be an earth elemental or golem. If he fights in a graveyard, he should turn to Necromancy. The futher into the Wilderness he goes, the wider his opportunities and the stronger the creatures he can summon- if he has the level.

Speaking of levels, they would probably not only be responsible for WHAT you can summon, but also for how much room for error you have in summoning. The higher your level, the more grievous an error you can make in summoning creatures without having to worry about the consequences. The Greater Demon might simply dissolve into ash instead of turning on you, for instance. This means that an experienced summoner has a VERY good opportunity to experiment and find "ultimate" incantations- the incantations that will summon the most powerful types and strengths of creature.

Well, that's my dumb suggestion. Summoning will probably turn out nothing like that, but I think it would be totally awesome if it did.

i think summoning will basically be a minigame like pokemon battle arena :lol: .throw out monkey bones,karamja monkey appears.

opponeny throws out dagganoth bones.dagganoth appears and the monkey 1 hits it.

tifsdac6mc.gif