My first attempt at a signature

sct_snake

I'm sorry but this isn't going to be fun for you.

The signatures are just pictures that have been slapped onto a background (did you make them?)

There's no border, you should try to have a border on signatures.

The text is hard to read and in some cases the render is hard to see. The fonts are uninteresting and in some cases small and fail to stand out from the background.

The problem with your signatures that you've not put enough effort into them. I reckon that you've taken a render off a site, used filter piles or a ready made background and combined them and added some text onto them. I haven't used GIMP in a long time but I think you can download brushes for them (I think) Try some brushing, borders, read some tutorials and download better fonts.

The one that you want the white to be transparent - save it as a PNG, that saves the transparency and keeps the file size down without reducing the quality like a JPEG does.

5 posts in a row eh?

- Too big

- Renders dont match the backgrounds

- Renders arnt blended into the backgrounds

- Backgrounds needs some depth and piazzas

- Text is boring, and hard to read

- Theres really no order to anything, the text, the renders, just seem to have been slapped down onto the background.

Take a look at some sig making tutorials, good luck

I'm sorry but this isn't going to be fun for you.

The signatures are just pictures that have been slapped onto a background (did you make them?)

There's no border, you should try to have a border on signatures.

The text is hard to read and in some cases the render is hard to see. The fonts are uninteresting and in some cases small and fail to stand out from the background.

The problem with your signatures that you've not put enough effort into them. I reckon that you've taken a render off a site, used filter piles or a ready made background and combined them and added some text onto them. I haven't used GIMP in a long time but I think you can download brushes for them (I think) Try some brushing, borders, read some tutorials and download better fonts.

The one that you want the white to be transparent - save it as a PNG, that saves the transparency and keeps the file size down without reducing the quality like a JPEG does.

I'm sorry but I'm going to agree with him.

There are some great sig making tutorials here on TIF, try using these.

Good luck. :)

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART