URGENT QUESTION - Playing GameCube games on Wii

runescapeloser22

Hey, I need this question answered within the next hour. I know I can play GameCube games on the Wii, I have the controller and I know where to plug it in and all that crap. But the thing I don't know, is if I need a memory card? I'm buying the game Super Smash Bros. Melee and I need to know if I also need to buy a memory card in order to save. I'm thinking you don't because the Wii has a hard drive in it, but some of my friends disagree saying that its a different save type and you can't save GameCube games onto the Wii hard drive.

So the question is, do I need to buy a memory card in order to save GameCube games on my Wii?

If the answer is yes, does anybody know what size I should get? (I'm bad with memory cards, only ever used them on my camera :XD: since my X-Box doesn't use them :P )

EDIT:

Found the answer.

A Nintendo GameCube Memory Card is also necessary to save, as the Wii internal flash memory will not save GameCube games.

There's a little compartment you can open for your gamecube controller slots. And I believe you need a memory card, although I'm not sure. I have it on a memory card and it plugs right into the wii.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

There's a little compartment you can open for your gamecube controller slots. And I believe you need a memory card, although I'm not sure. I have it on a memory card and it plugs right into the wii.

I know about the compartment. And I also know about the memory card slot, but what I want to know is whether or not you HAVE to have a memory card.

I know about the compartment. And I also know about the memory card slot, but what I want to know is whether or not you HAVE to have a memory card.

You do need a Gamecube memory card to save Gamecube files with the Wii. You cannot save Gamecube stuff onto the Wii's internal memory or onto an SD card.

i'd recommend to get an official memory card. Not sure how big the sizes are for the US, the smallest you can get is a Memory Card 59, then theres the 251 and possibly even more. The number stands for the number of blocks. For GC games, Nintendo decided not to record memory space in kilobytes. Are you just getting Melee? Because theres a whole load of fantastic GameCube games which will be on the cheap now.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

You have to have a memory card if you want to save it, only Wii games save directly on the Wii.

Tip: My friend didn't know this along with alot of other people; To edit the gamecube memory card data like on the gamecube click the Wii thing to bring up settings and data management(I think) and click data management and then the gamecube, the end.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg