[Done]Pest Control Guide

I noticed a few errors on the guide, firstly this picture is out of date (and is kinda poor quality)

lander.jpg

It should be replaced by this one with an explanation of how the flag differs depending which boat you may be on

pcboatkd3.png

Different Flags

pcflagsfg7.gif

This line 'ladder' should be replaced by 'lander'

The Novice ladder has a requirement of 40+ combat, the Intermediate ladder is 70+, and the Veteran ladder 100+

The monster levels now vary as there 3 different (novice, intermediate, veteran) pc areas. Therefore the levels show on this map are out-dated

pest_control.png

The strategies and tactics sections is also outdated. Prehaps this would be a better explanation.

For the best chance of success have around 5 players protect the void knight and the remainder of the players attack and destroy each portal as it becomes unshielded (a new portal portal is unshielded in 30 seconds intervals N.B. The first portal only take 15 seconds). Moving as a large team should allow you to destroy the current portal before the subsequent portal become unshielded.

Be aware that Spinners heal the portal health, so you MUST kill any Spinner that in the vicinity of the portal. This is also a priority as when a portal is destroyed any nearby Spinners will explode, poisoning you and nearby players.

Taking a range of weapons is also advised, as every portal has a different weakness, which you can use this to your advantage to deal more damage and speed up each game.

Portal Weaknesses

Blue Weakness to Ranged Attacks

Yellow Weakness to Stab/Slash Melee Attacks

Red Weakness to Crush Melle Attacks

Purple Weakness to Mage Attacks

(Consult the Combat Guide for information on which weapons offer good slash and stab attacks.)

The line

Hitting the portal with a couple of dragon dagger special attacks can poison it and the poison will do some of the work for you.
Should be removed as portals can no longer be poisoned.

The where to play section needs updating as (admittedly it was only yesterday) 'Official' Pest control worlds have been changed.

Finally, the last line needs altering

Remember, you get all the normal experience you would from combat while you are in this mini game, so this can actually turn into fairly fast training if you are consistently successful.
As you only get half the experience in game as opposed to normal combat.

Eye

Yeah, I noticed the mistake with the poisoning of the portals too, but didn't notice the other mistakes. Then again, I haven't played pest control since the update.

But you shouldn't remove

Hitting the portal with a couple of dragon dagger special attacks can poison it and the poison will do some of the work for you.

You should change it to something like:

Be aware that portals cannot be poisoned, so do not use a poisoned weapon in this minigame, and if possible use a stronger weapon.

Under the map of the Void Knight Outpost yoy have written:

Since you will not lose items if you die, wear your best armour and bring your strongest weapons. If you have a poisoned dragon dagger, bring it in addition to another weapon

As poisoning portals no longer works, it shoud be shortened to..

Since you will not lose items if you die, wear your best armour and bring your strongest weapons.

Runescape Stats:

Dragonmaker9.png

Every stat on highscores!

My website.

Summary

In summary, you'll want to make sure that you can destroy all the portals FASTER than the Void Knight dies. Keep those gates shut and kill any Ravagers you see, distract any Spinners you see, and you should be on your way to a nice healthy reward. Also, if you were planning on going with friends, do not expect to always be teaming up with them. The boat sometimes fills up with 25 players quickly, and it is likely that you will have trips which separate you from friends who are also there.

Remember, you get all the normal experience you would from combat while you are in this mini game, so this can actually turn into fairly fast training if you are consistently successful.

1) Spinners can't be distracted anymore

2) Only get half the normal exp (mentioned in a Note: above it though :)

Boozeless-Bum1.gif

I have already updated this guide with corrections you listed and a few other I spotted.

The guide is completed and nearly ready for re-release, however I need to create a new image for the pest control map and once this is done, all should be good.

Thank you for the submission though, Eye.

Patience, my young padawan.

There is an update to the PC guide in the works. It just takes time because the minigame was near enough completely overhauled in that update.

Thanks for telling us though. :)