Meshuggah: Catch 33

warri0r45

Perhaps you're a fan or perhaps you own this album. I just bought it and had to make a post. I think it's pure insanity organised into 47 minutes and 15 seconds of conceptual and paradoxical mastery. Your thoughts on the band or the album?

Wow. This album is a new level of win. I love vocalist Jens Kidman's lyrical sense. The paradoxial musings are so well expressed. My favourite would have to be when he sings "The struggle to free myself from restraints, becomes my very shackles" and in the closer, "Sum", with the simple lines "Vision will blind, Severance ties, Median am I, True are all lies."

Wow. I'm so beside myself right now. Meshuggah are god.

I've only heard a few songs off of that album, but what i've heard so far is great.

The best experience, and I endorse this personally, is listening to the whole thing start to finish. It's techincally one continuous song divided into 13 sections. A great concept album about paradoxes.

Man, when I bought it, I listened to it 4 times through straight away. I love it.

I used to have some music from Meshuggah, but my computer died, and I didn't like them enough to get music from them again. However, due to this post, I've decided to give them another chance. So, in about a week when my download limit resets, I'll check some of their music out again. If this thread is still alive, I'll post again. :)

Cool.