catching 30k red chinchompas?

digitalstick

I figured that i'll need 30k red chins to get to level 99 ranged and I don't have the money to buy them so i'm going catch my own. I'm 68 hunter now, and assuming that i'll find an empty world and i don't get distracted, how many hours will it take for me to catch 30k red chins?

zixiao123.png

max is about 300 an hour

so thats about 3 hours 20mins per 1k

so 30k?

is 100 hours

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Paw Claw, you can catch more than 300 easily. It just depends on how devoted you are into catching the chins. If you constantly are in a chat, pming, or on these forums, the number per hour will drastically decline. Say you need to catch 30,000 red chinchompas, you will be level 95 Hunter by the time you catch all of these chins.

Here is an estimation on how many chins you can catch per hour. This information is in a guide which I will give the link to later in this post.

lvl 64: others 160, me?

- lvl 74: others 175, me 254

- lvl 77: others 223, me ?

- lvl 79: others ?, me 264 (4 traps)

- lvl 80: others 250, me 321 (5 traps)

- lvl 83: others ?, me 348

- lvl 86: others 281, me 338 (chatting with friends; turn private chat off!)

- lvl 89: others 332, me 376 (best: 397)

- lvl 90: others 320, me 384 (best: 403)

- lvl 95: others 396, me 407 (best: 422)

- lvl 98: others 400, me 432 (best: 452).

So, since you are starting at level 68, you should be able to catch about 160-200 chins an hour. This number will rise when you hit 74 to about 160-260 chins an hour. So, I am approximating from level 68-74, it will take you 12 Hours. I am doing this by taking the ammount of chins needed from 68-74 (2,378) and dividing it by how many you can catch an hour on average (200). You will get approximately 12 Hours.

From level 74-80, you should be able to catch approximately 250 an hour. It won't be that much at the begining, but as your level rising, it will become more than that, therefore, I once again took the average which was about 250. This step will take you about 18 hours.

From 80-86, you should be able to catch around 310 an hour. This step will take about 26 hours to complete.

From 86-90, you should be recieving around 340 chins an hour. Therefore, this step should take about 26 hours also.

From 90-95, which is the final step, you should be catching about 390 an hour. This step will take 44 Hours.

Therefore, you are looking at a grand total of...

126 Hours spent hunting chins!

Of course, all this information can be altered. It truly depends on how much devotion you will have towards this. If you are Hunting very hard, the hours will decrease noticeably. If you are with friends, Pming, chatting on chat, the number will increase noticeably.

Now, if you wish to increase the ammount caught an hour, make sure you use the correct clothing. Here is also a guide which is very helpful. I disagree with where he put's his boxes, but all of his other tricks are very useful!

Hunter tactics to catch more Red Chins an hour!

Furthermore, here is how I like to set up my boxes, along with most of the top Hunters, including Momeydragon...

X=box

.=one space

X . X

. X .

X . X

Only leave one spot between each box.

So from this x...

X

To this x... is only one square.

X

Another thing that will slow down the ammount caught per hour. I don't know about lately, but when I hunted, which was about a month ago, the spots were very hard to fine unoccupied. This will slow down the Hunting a lot! Keep that in mind!

Good luck with Hunter! It is an enjoyable, fast skill!

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Paw Claw, you can catch more than 300 easily. It just depends on how devoted you are into catching the chins. If you constantly are in a chat, pming, or on these forums, the number per hour will drastically decline. Say you need to catch 30,000 red chinchompas, you will be level 95 Hunter by the time you catch all of these chins.

Here is an estimation on how many chins you can catch per hour. This information is in a guide which I will give the link to later in this post.

Devoted if you noted I said ABOUT 300 an hour is max

If you look for most of the levels the hourly amount lays between 250 and 350 which would mean for all those levels saying ABOUT 300 an hour is correct.

And using such rough average allows to do rough maths to give a rough time estimate like he wanted.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue