managing the kingdom questions

Mucky

First question... If my membership expires, with money in the coffers of my kingdom, do the workers keep collecting? I believe they will but I need someone to verify.

Second question... Asuming that workers collect even after my membership expires, I plan on leaving a few million in the coffers. Is this a good idea? I have never really understood how the percentage of popular support affects the rewards. During my absence the percentage will continue to drop but how will this affect the outcome? Will the items I collect cost me more money or will they simply not collect as much?

If anyone has any answers please post. Thanks.

1. Yes, they will keep collecting.

2. They will still take the same amount of money, but give you less stuff. So you will lose money or not make as much money. As long as you don't stay f2p for more than a couple weeks, it'll be fine.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

If your popularity drops to 0%, you wouldn't get any flax at all, and you would still lose the money.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

BUT, once you regain membership, just chop wood to get your 100% again, and DONT take out the resources for another 24 hours. this way you will get your full quantity of goodies.

At least thats what I gather from the tipit minigame guide!

First question... If my membership expires, with money in the coffers of my kingdom, do the workers keep collecting? I believe they will but I need someone to verify.

I'm not sure about this, this has never happened to me before.

Second question... Asuming that workers collect even after my membership expires, I plan on leaving a few million in the coffers. Is this a good idea? I have never really understood how the percentage of popular support affects the rewards. During my absence the percentage will continue to drop but how will this affect the outcome? Will the items I collect cost me more money or will they simply not collect as much?

This works like this: Every day you don't go and "help" your workers, your support drops by 1%. 99% support means that 99% of the money spent is used for collecting resources and the other 1% is wasted. There is a minimum support rating (I think it's around 40%), and you can only lower it by killing citizens or stealing from stalls. If you get flax for 40gp with 100% approval, with 40% approval it'd cost around 100gp ea, not because it costs more money, but because they collect less.

(With 100% approval, 50k on flax yields 1250 daily flax at 40gp ea. With 40% approval, only 20k of those are used for collecting resources, and 30k are lost, yielding only 500 flax at 40 ea. If you add the costs together, it's the same as if the flax costed 100gp and all the money was spent on collecting).

Also, improving your support rating will only affect the resources collected that same day, and the money lost from other days with low support ratings is still lost.

If anyone has any answers please post. Thanks.

This signature is intentionally left blank.