Trawler fishing...

NoMoreDead

Ok. So, I've only been Trawler fishing for 2 days now.

Sidenote: If you haven't done trawler, you should try it out. It's hard to relate to the debate without it.

But honestly, does anyone seriously believe that letting the water come in and then bailing it out get more fish? It would completly go against the logic of the game. Half-fail on purpose and get MORE fish? It doesn't make sense to me. I went on 6 Trawler ships today, and when I went on my first three runs, here's the fish count:

Run 1: 1.2k Fish

Run 2: 1.1k Fish

Run 3: 1.8k fish

Ok, so after the third run, I was ready to go for 2k fish, but I had to log off. That was at about 7 P.M. I got back on about 1 A.M. EST, and I was so ready to get some more mantas and sea turtles, and then to my demise, I found that we caught WAYYYYY less fish. True, we had about 20 less people (which was like losing 1/4 of the people), but I thought, OK, well, we can still get 1k fish. Then I found out about those people who think that waiting until the boat gets fuller actually catches more fish. We caught

Run 4: 300 Fish

Run 5: 500 Fish

Run 6: 400 Fish

At WORST, we should have caught about 800 fish, if it was done correctly.

My "Runs" show that bailing at half water, as opposed to just filling holes and bailing ONLY when needed worked much better.

Anybody else want to help me out with this. Are they really right? Does letting the boat fill up actually HELP. My stats show no.

---Nomore

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

Your right, it goes against the logic of the game to nearly fail the whole time and expect the game to reward you for it. However did you cheack to see if those smaller catches contained more hihg level fish and caskets rather than just old boots? because I belive thats the idea. Not more fish per say, just more high quality fish. And the only logic I can find in that is that the good fish are down farther, so by lowerign the boat in the water the net reaches down deeper thus catching more things lke manta rays or what not.

It seems that people ignore the guys who say that anyway. Since even after they've been yelling it out for 10 minutes, the water still disappears as quick as always.

Well, you cought more lower lvl fish and junk. I usualy let water fill. I get MUCH less fish, but (In my opinion) much more manta and sea turtles. anyways, I usualy get 2-3X more mantas and sea turtles.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Actually during a TET trawler event we tried that theory out.

The first run we caught x fish(I can't remember, was very long ago), bailing the second the boat filled with water. The second run we tried letting the boat fill up(reached about 3/4 if I remember correctly) and then bailed, and repeated that. We caught more fish(infact over 1k+ more I believe) than the first trip, with the same amount of people.

Goes against logic? I can name a hundred things in this game that go against logic. It's a game, things don't exactly have to make sence. You can't catch a lobster by dipping a cage for one second in a small stream, you can't pickpocket someone and get away with it when you're right in front of them, you can't grow a tree in two hours.

Oh by the way the chances of forming an organised team in that trawler world is like the chances of bush getting a third term. It's never going to happen.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Oh by the way the chances of forming an organised team in that trawler world is like the chances of bush getting a third term. It's never going to happen.

Because Bush is lame, the maximum after FDR is two terms, or both?

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

No I believe you can only get two terms in a row, but you can always come back after another president has done his/her term(s) and do a third term, and maybe even fourth. But now that many, many people dislike bush I don't think he even has a chance at getting a third term.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

No I believe you can only get two terms in a row, but you can always come back after another president has done his/her term(s) and do a third term, and maybe even fourth. But now that many, many people dislike bush I don't think he even has a chance at getting a third term.

This is totally off topic, but to answer your question... No president can serve more than two terms, period.

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

This is totally off topic, but to answer your question... No president can serve more than two terms, period.

Actually they can. If they are vice pres when the pres dies, he becomes president, then he can run and get elected for two terms. Thats what I learned.

But the point is the chances of getting an prganized trawler team is very slim.