rate this terragin

stevepole

its spelled "terragen" :)

As for the render... i'll do some C&C and some tomorrow, lazy today:

- The sky is very plain. Of course, you cant see much of it because the land is just "there"

- The surface map isn't that bad. However, it isn't that good either, i don't like the green grass color up front.

- as i said, i don't like the land taking up most of the sig like that. Its quite booring to look at, just some big wagon mountain and some blue sky. realy nothing interesting.

Anyways..... not much to C&C on since its just a sig. I'll finish the C&C later :?

:x TERRAGEN YA BLOODY HIPPIES! T-E-R-R-A-G-E-N!

Anyway. Since Nadril is being a lazy cabbage wagon, I'll take care of the C&C for ya.

The terrain- isn't bad I suppose if you were purposefully gowing for a mountain peak view.. somewhat boring otherwise. At the very least, add some perlin noise/multi perlin on 'generate on existing features' [the exact setting escapes me] to give it some more bumps.

The surface map- Very plain. Most likely two layered only. Play around with parent/child surface layers, add more contrasting colors, etc. Keep in mind to have the visible part of a child surface not visible where the parent is. The more layers you get, the richer, fuller, and generally more realistic it will get, but do not go overboard.

The atmosphere- Again, very plain. Prehaps add more clouds, play around with the sun strength/height/heading/color, particularly height and color. Maybe try to get some rays in there, or something more interesting. Also some more shadows would do nicely.

Tips: Download World-Machine at http://www.world-machine.com/ for landscape generating, it's much better than the current landscape sculpting tools in Terragen. That is, unless you have Mac [like I do] then World-Machine doesn't work and you're kinda screwed :P. Also, in Photoshop, take the landscape layer, duplicate it, gaussien blur it (2-4 pixels, 5 at the most, 3 preferably :P) then set that layer to soft light.

Hope that helps you a bit.

~Cal

thx for the c/c nadril & 1525 ill work on it and visit that site

Yeah, like Cal said, World machine is a Great program for terrains :D

just don't get adicted to terraces like me... i swear its like crack :oops: :lol:

and np :D Suposably i'm being a lazy cabbage wagon atm thou :(

thx for the c/c nadril & 1525 ill work on it and visit that site

Yeah, like Cal said, World machine is a Great program for terrains :D

just don't get adicted to terraces like me... i swear its like crack :oops: :lol:

and np :D Suposably i'm being a lazy cabbage wagon atm thou :(

Yeah, those Terraces get you in nothing but trouble. And Nad knows what trouble is like... *points at sig*.

Nad- You know I didn't mean it mate :P but you did try and stick me with giving this guy the C&C while you sat back and drank your soda.

~Cal