barrows help

bronzewarrior

Yes, you could definitely do Barrows. I would suggest wearing full dhide to mage/range in (some people bring mystic, but not really needed) and farseer helm with mystic gloves + boots, and a god cape. You can mage dharok and verac (pray for these 2), and also torag and guthan (dont pray for these 2). Then bring full rune (or you can bring your guthans if you want, although would stink if you lost it) and dds + whip for karils (pray) and a msb with mith or better arrows or a rune cbow with mith or better bolts for ahrims (Pray for him too, and maybe bring a range pot since your range is kinda low). Good luck!

well if you can pray against melee youl be find, just stock up on p pots, depending on your prayer level the lower it is the more youll need, but just bring anything with +mage bonus, and fire spells away pray on every brother and make sure to bring sharks... i cant stress that enough lobs wont work well unless you have like 99 def and rarely get hit. but im sure youll be fine if you dont be stupid GL :mrgreen:

xaulinmonk54.jpeg

[^^Thanks Go To Runemetsa For Most Sigs]

I, personally, would train my range up a bit more to at least 60. But you should be able to do it. Just be smart, pay attention to hp and prayer and you should do fine.

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

i can do barrows with 3 ppots using fire bolt take fire bolt stuff rune chain whatever botters gloves hat and ammy you want for mage or pray bounes.

Also take a dds for arhim and deaths for after spec for wind blast. use safe spots for your tunnel the get kill count up with dds. Boom the noobiest barrows plan possible and what i used to use :wink: i stared barrowing at lvl 78 with 60 hp :XD:

Michigander.png

Get 55 slayer first. You will probably use better equipment than what I have in the picture because I took it a while ago.

Getting to barrows: I suggest completing "In Search of the Myreque" and "Ghosts Ahoy!". To get to Canifis, either house teleport and step through your Karyrll portal, or run from the Ectofuntus. Then use the Myreque shortcut behind the bar, and run south to the swamp boaty. Take the swamp boaty, and walk the rest of the way to barrows.

Suggested levels: 70 attack, strength, and defence; 55 slayer; 65 magic; 60+ range; 70 hitpoints

This is what I suggest you wear:

2hnui46.png

Torag plate: for defense

Verac skirt: for defense and prayer bonus

Rune boots: for defense and strength bonus to speed kill count

God book: prayer bonus and magic attack bonus (try not to bring saradomin)

God cape: magic attack bonus

RFD gloves: best gloves for anything

Glory amulet: don't risk a fury!

Adamant arrows: not as expensive as rune. Buy from Brian's archery shop in Rimmington. They are usually cheaper there. (Rune are good too.)

Slayer staff: to cast slayer dart! ::'

Ring of life: just in case...

Don't worry about the negative magic attack bonus, you will almost never miss because the barrow's brothers have such low negative defense bonuses, and Karil has a low magic level, which is where a lot of magic defense comes from.

With this in your inventory:

29vxys1.png

Spade: necessary for barrows

Ectophial: To teleport out. Preferably replaced with house teletabs so that you can teleport to your house, pray at your alter, and then exit through your Karyrll (Canifis) portal.

Runes: to cast slayer dart. I use about 75 casts per trip, the extra are for just in case. With a low magic level I would bring 200 casts, and have 300 more banked. (you don't know when you will lose deaths from a run)

Dragon longsword: for when you need to kill skeletons/blood worms/spiders/rats in the tunnels to raise kill count. Also, if you run out of casts you might need to use it to finish off your tunnel brother. (I have had to melee Karil before) You substitute a dragon scimitar, but I think using a whip is risking too much for a small improvement.

Dragon hide and magic shortbow: replace with your best dragon hide or Karil's armor. Could use Karil's X-bow. Used for ranging Ahrim.

Prayer potions: I usually don't use any unless I have Karil in the tunnels, or when a tunnel Dharok spawns in a room without a safespot.

Potatoes: You could also use monkfish. Sharks are too expensive and unneeded, and lobster or swordfish don't heal enough.

My method:

Bear in mind that if you come across your tunnel brother, just skip him. You will kill him later.

1. Kill Dharok, pray the whole time.

2. Kill Karil with leftover prayer. If you have under 20 prayer points, drink a dose of your prayer potion before. Otherwise, with 20+ prayer points, don't waste a dose on Karil. (If you have a higher prayer level, you will probably never need to drink a dose of your prayer potion, unless your magic is low.)

A. If you have any inventory spots empty, put on your dragonhide/Karils, and wield your bow. Kill Ahrim. Use as many magic shortbow special attacks as you can. If you have any prayer remaining after Karil, pray.

B. If you don't have any inventory spots empty, kill Verac.

C. But if you don't have any inventory spots empty and you have prayer left, kill Torag and use the last of your prayer on him. Don't drink another dose! Use food on him if you need to.

A. If you just killed Ahrim, now kill Verac. Do not pray, you will not need to. Simply eat when you need to. If you want to, use the sidestep method. If you don't know what that is, then don't worry about it.

B. If you killed Torag or Verac and have any empty inventory spots, kill Ahrim. If you still haven't used any food, kill the other one of these two.

A. If you still have to kill Ahrim, even if you waste a food, kill him now.

B. If you already killed Ahrim, kill Torag and Verac. Skip one that you've already killed.

6. Kill Guthan. Don't use prayer!

7. Go into the tunnel. If you have a melee brother in the tunnel, head to one of the corner rooms, where you can safespot them. If you don't know where the safespots are, I suggest that you look at a guide. When you get to a door with a safespot on each side, repeatedly go through it until your tunnel brother appears. Lure him to a safespot, and kill him. Ignore attacking skeletons. If the melee brother appears where there is no safespot, pretend that you were killing him in his crypt. If you come across Dharok, then pray on him. Otherwise, just eat.

8. If Ahrim is in the tunnels, wear your dragon hide and wield your bow. Keep going through the first door that you come to to spawn him, and kill him without prayer.

9. If you have Karil in the tunnels, Do the same as with Ahrim but pray! Karil can be very dangerous without prayer. Do not go back through a door to prepare for Karil, or you might have to kill two Karils! Just drink two doses of your prayer pot, and snap on protection from range to kill Karil.

10. Raise your kill count by killing random monsters in the tunnels. There is proof that having over 20 kill count helps, so I suggest getting 21 kill count.

11. Get to the chest. It's helpful to memorize the answers to some of the puzzles. Open your chest, search it, and hope for something good. Then teleport out, and restock your supplies for another run.

I hope that this helps you to make many barrow runs without wasting prayer potions! :thumbsup:

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007