Mage Staker

Xeones

I'm going to make my main a Mage Staker. I want to win lots of $$$ by staking. Here are the stats I am aiming for:

70/75 Attack

71/80 Strength

70/75 Defense

53/82 Magic (eh...)

50/70 Ranged

52/52+ Prayer

70/80+ Hitpoints

Equipment:

Ahrim's Hood

Ahrim's Robe Top

Ahrim's Robe Bottom

Amulet of Fury

Infinity Boots

Barrows Gloves

Master Wand

Mages Book

God Cape

I will be using Ice Blitz and Blood Blitz. I need some advice, though...

1) What spells do I use and when? Ice Blitz all the time, then some random Blood Blitzes to regain health or what?

2) Will 82 Magic be enough to win? Or is 94 Magic absolutely necessary?

3) Help on the equipment/stats would be nice.

4) Any advice on tactics/rules would be greatly appreciated.

kingtut3.png

are you turnigna main into one or what?

i would start over and get:

92-94 mage

70+ range

25 def-for infinity

ice barrage if melee then blood barrge till they move then more ice barrage then blood barrage

use masters wand too

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Ugh. No help at all. I'm getting Ahrim's.

dont use ice spells!!!!!!!!

use shadow barrage and blood barrage if you are going to use mage.

get...

94 magic

70 range

70 defence

52 prayer

Uhh, are you serious? The whole point of Ancient Magicks is to freeze your opponent so you can maneuver (sp?) the obstacles while your opponent stays frozen and you Blood Blitz them.

Also, 70 to 75 Defense won't make a difference. Neither will 52 to 60 Prayer.

Is it necessary to have 94 Magic? Because 82 will already cost me 10m using Fire Bolts w/ Chaos Gauntlets. 94 will cost me upwards of 40m. Can't I stay with Blitzes, not Barrages???

kingtut3.png

blitzez do pretty much the same damage as barrages..and a lot cheaper (as u pointed out). id stick with blitz..btw, dont listen to sirgudi he's totally wrong. ice is the way to go. some advice. if staking high amounts (for me 150k+ with my range staker) i always use the highscores to look up my opponent because i dont challenge other pures =) if u plan on winning every match no questions asked dont stake pures. only stake mains that are using melee. if u dont like my adice dont complain just ignore it.

MrMeGaKiRbY

First post that helped. Thanks a lot. :)

kingtut3.png

Dunno why so high melee and range stats, but anyways, the trick is to Shadow barrage first hit, then BLOOD BARRAGE the rest. NEVER ice since blood hits 2 damage less then ice barrage, and heals. Shadow is to lower accuracy. IF your still not getting hit, you CAN throw in a smoke barrage.

ANwyays, if ur sticking to 82 magic, then burst. Be warned though, as pures WILL be staking armour off, and WILL be barraging....

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

The most cost effective way for mage training is high alching (preferably mage longs, but yew longs work too). For 65xp, you spend around 65gp for a mage longbow and 130gp for a yew longbow, which is much better than fire bolts. I suggest getting ice barrage for freezing...but I'm not much of a staker so I can't really help you there. I would ice barrage and run away then blood barrage to regain any lost health and repeat.

Beastdefire

79 Combat

95 Strength

94 Mage

Hi i also have a mage staker nameis -Aws0me

with your stats your a higher combat level which means 92-94 mage IS a necesity take it from me im 92 mage lvl 82 and theres a buncha ppl with way higher and way lower combat, dont bother with strenght unles ul occasionaly dds stake but for just mage stakes focus on ur hp, at 90ish comb u shud have 80+hp for staking and defense does help its 99% proven im 71 def and win 8-10 stakes wit low def guys no move hope i helped :) add me ingame if u want to talk- aws0me

with your stats your a higher combat level which means 92-94 mage IS a necesity take it from me im 92 mage lvl 82 and theres a buncha ppl with way higher and way lower combat, dont bother with strenght unles ul occasionaly dds stake but for just mage stakes focus on ur hp, at 90ish comb u shud have 80+hp for staking and defense does help its 99% proven im 71 def and win 8-10 stakes wit low def guys no move hope i helped :) add me ingame if u want to talk- aws0me

94 Magic is too expensive!!! Are you sure I won't win with 82 Magic? About the stats... I want to have 95 Combat with 82 Magic. I'll keep it the way it is.

94 Magic would mean I would need 200k fire bolts. That's about 40 million gp. THAT is a LOT.

I have a good idea. I will get 82 Magic for now. With my winnings, I will be able to afford 94 Magic. Does that sound good?

kingtut3.png

94 Magic is too expensive!!! Are you sure I won't win with 82 Magic? About the stats... I want to have 95 Combat with 82 Magic. I'll keep it the way it is.

94 Magic would mean I would need 200k fire bolts. That's about 40 million gp. THAT is a LOT.

I have a good idea. I will get 82 Magic for now. With my winnings, I will be able to afford 94 Magic. Does that sound good?

stake at 82 mage till youhave 10+m then get the rest of the lvls till 94.. id fight melee.. ice barge, then the one that poisons then blood all the way.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Fire bolt is too expensive, and low EXP, high alch, or Stun wuth a mud staff.

But just remember...

Shadow,Smoke, THEN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Fire bolt is too expensive, and low EXP, high alch, or Stun wuth a mud staff.

But just remember...

Shadow,Smoke, THEN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more of your posts, please. They are idiotic at the least. :wall:

Didn't you ever notice, in your long and experienced RuneScape career, that Hitpoints is the stats that wins duels? :?:

A staker must, MUST, have high Hitpoints. I do not believe I will achieve that by High Alching bows. #-o

Using Ice spells is necessary in dueling. It is used mainly to freeze them in place, and because it hits so high. Any video you see of great stakers such as Woot3r 2005 or others, will only use Ice and Blood Spells. Hmm, I wonder what that means? :-w

I hope you have learned your mistakes from this post. :shame:

Ice > Blood > Blood > Ice when he starts moving > Blood > Blood, etc. according to Mrmegakirby, who I believe is correct. :mrgreen:

The only thing I'm still not sure about is whether to include the Smoke types of spells, which poisons. Do duels last long enough for the poison to kick in? Or should I instead Ice and Blood only?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kingtut3.png

Since it's you asking for advice, don't start acting cocky towards the ones that give it.

Anyway, smoke/blood is used when obs are off, ice/blood when they are on.

~ Agshlee

99/99 Mage - Achieved 23/07/2007

99/99 Ranged - Achieved 20/12/2007

93/99 Defence

Since it's you asking for advice, don't start acting cocky towards the ones that give it.

~ Agshlee

He didn't give me advice. Also, I haven't heard of a mage staker who stakes obs off when they are doing serious stakes. Thanks for the help, though. BTW, pantim said shadow/blood, not smoke/blood. When obs are on, do I use Smoke at all?

kingtut3.png

~ Agshlee

He didn't give me advice. Also, I haven't heard of a mage staker who stakes obs off when they are doing serious stakes. Thanks for the help, though. BTW, pantim said shadow/blood, not smoke/blood. When obs are on, do I use Smoke at all?

Your right I ment shadow, sorry :P

As far as the obs off thing I think you're right. Without it you highly depend on luck. With obs, you at least have to have a little bit of skill (not much I guess, but still :P)

99/99 Mage - Achieved 23/07/2007

99/99 Ranged - Achieved 20/12/2007

93/99 Defence

~ Agshlee

Your right I ment shadow, sorry :P

As far as the obs off thing I think you're right. Without it you highly depend on luck. With obs, you at least have to have a little bit of skill (not much I guess, but still :P)

Doesn't Shadow affect Attack? Lol, if they're frozen Warriors won't be able to attack me... -.-

kingtut3.png

well not many people[that i know of] mage stake with armour on. most just use no armour, sometimes ammy, but sometimes not and leaves open hand for masterwand. Listen to the guy that said use shadow and blood spells, ice although effective, usually most stake no movement so that they cannot be ranged with mage

Wow. Seems like certain people on this forum are a bit unintelligent.

Forget it, no more replies please, I'll just ask my mage staker friends who actually *know* stuff. :shock:

Thanks for... umm... trying to help, though.

kingtut3.png