Age Strategy help...

Xewleer

Okay guys, this is for those masters of Age of Empires 2 Conquerers expansion.

I am stuck on the very northernmost part of Spain in a Death match. I have a well built base fully loaded with Castles and villagers and stuff.

Now. I have 23 ish trebuchets, and the rest of my pop is about 5 monks and 160+ janissaries. plus 10+ villagers farming.

Assume I have resources to spare, but I will not just waste resources to "glory 300" charges (that movie was so incorrect... such a waste of two hours)

My enemies:

1. A very defensive player, all fights I have won, but his friend has a giant navy which he uses to his advantage, his resources are very low, One good push will conquer him. His base is extremely well built but I already have him softened. He plays the Byzantines

2. The real challenge, at least 100 ships half cannon galleons, fortunately, I planned my base far away from the see so that they can't destroy it that way. He is on the African side of Spain. I have no ships and dare not waste resources on such a battle. He also plays the Turks

Now, given the variables I have given, what would you suggest as my strategy?

(I rank second in my school. If any fought me alone, they would lose, no matter the advantage.)

Oh yes! so Epic!

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

I'm not an expert at this game, but, maybe build a few transports to get some of your troops and a few trebuchets to the byzantines, while distracting the navy with a few ships (forget what the one i'm thinking of is called) and get your troops in their area. Assuming he has walls, take one trebuchet on one side of his base with like 5 jannisars guarding it, and get all your other guys in the back of his base, set up the trebuchets and then attack the wall with the first one, break down the wall, then he should send troops at your first one, then break down the back walls with your other one, and charge in, and try to do as much damage before any of his troops get out. Maybe bring some vilalgers with your army and set up a barracks or castle.

Uhm, that worked for me once, i can't really help you much more with out more info. I like other rts games more but meh

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

hmmm... I was thinking about that, but that would work for the Turks,

Sorry I wasn't clear, but the Byzantines are on the mainland with me. I just need a solid strategy to get rid of a very powerful navy and the guys docks really fast (besides demo ships... those would waste my resources, there is no more gold on the map)

, there is no more gold on the map)

ah... your buggerd... can u get your trebuchets within firing range of his docks without being completely vulnerable? Assuming your playing against CPU.. which you are arent you? you can distract his navy with a ton of fishing ships...

Tk5SF.png

He's not buggered, gay as the situation is, farm like all hell and keep selling crop for resources. It's slow, painfull but the only solution to the problem.

Perosnally I'd push the ground troops and take out the docks then spam the navy with demo ships.

I think you should build a better land army, get some cavalry im not sure if Turks have paladin but cavaliers at least. Just conquer the guy with the massive navy easily by land. Play to his weaknesses, just avoid naval combat as much as possible.

Make a small group of galleons to attack his navy and while they are being distracted off load your army on land.

I think you should build a better land army, get some cavalry im not sure if Turks have paladin but cavaliers at least. Just conquer the guy with the massive navy easily by land. Play to his weaknesses, just avoid naval combat as much as possible.

Make a small group of galleons to attack his navy and while they are being distracted off load your army on land.

Turks are the best land based country to play as. They are generally considered the second best country, behind Korea.

Basically if your opponent is playing as the Turks, and he is building ships rather than playing to his strengths (gunpowder), then he doesn't really know what he is doing and can probably easily be beat with just a generic rush of anything. So I'll agree with what Striker said, ignore navy battles as much as possible and just attack on land.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Turks are the best land based country to play as. They are generally considered the second best country, behind Korea.

Basically if your opponent is playing as the Turks, and he is building ships rather than playing to his strengths (gunpowder), then he doesn't really know what he is doing and can probably easily be beat with just a generic rush of anything. So I'll agree with what Striker said, ignore navy battles as much as possible and just attack on land.

cannon ships are gunpowder are they not? i've long since lost my tech tree poster so i cant quickly check... but turks get those if i remember correctly

Tk5SF.png

cannon ships are gunpowder are they not? i've long since lost my tech tree poster so i cant quickly check... but turks get those if i remember correctly

Hmm, actually I think you are right. Anyways that's not the Turks strongest point, it is the bombarding towers. If you play as the Turks your army is just there to protect the towers and your villagers collecting stone/gold. You build the towers right out of the range of enemy castles, which the towers can then bombard. I think they can reach as far as trebuchets. If you don't exploit their extra range to the full advantage then the Turks are about an average nation at best.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Hey xweeler, didn't you played aok: expansion.

Personaly im normally byzantine (at least in online play), and I have a heavyly defensive style that normally involves me defending all my allies while they attack, and since my buildings have way more hp that works quite well.

But why so many janisarys. you need some more conventional archers that are more accurate, like horse archers or arbalasts. Some skirmishers at least, lest you fall under heavy archer attack. But even if you don't go for the archers (and I can see why you migth not), at least some cavalry, and I think you have paladins too. If not cavilers will work. If hes heavy on the monks, than hussars are a must, there veary hard to convert. The Byzintines are an incredibly defensive civ, Use your janisarys and cavalry to gaurd your trebuchets while they wipe out the enemy. for the turks, I would suggest you build 4-6 of whatever form of ram you have (maby seige or capped ram), and fill them all with champions (who own buildings in large numbers), or alternativly 4 champions and 2 pikeman depending on how cavalry intensive your opponent is. I see no reason for you to ingage his navy at all.

If you want any mroe advice, you know where to find me :wink:

well, it doesn't matter any more, since they decided that I would win in the end... Darn Reputation....

ANYWAY, to answer some comments, I am a heavy offensive style player, you will never see me build a massive walled fortress, you will see me send out armies as fast as possible, dear lord, if you ever see me playing as the Goths...

Anyway... Concerning the navy, I am a horrible admiral, the problem is, is that Nick (the guy with the giant 100+ ship navy) is an excellent admiral, but terrible at deployment of land forces. I am an excellent strategist, compared to those I play against, bar one...

My janissaries defeated several very large armies of cataphracts, I see no need to diversify.

The trebuchet option is my over all plan, but you don't understand, Nick has the entire coast guarded without gap. The idea I had was the outrange with trebuchets, then (assuming Zach, the byzantine waller :x is dead) attack at one of the several weak points, then, using bombards, defend that one portion enough to build a proper navy, he can't go on forever without a large supply of wood, which I have. As such, his navy will be destroyed easily if I build a navy of Fire ships, and demos to soften him up, then, galleons and cannon galleons. Taking out his docks, which are protected with bombards, I should be able to blow a gap in his Island fortress on the far east side, which is sparsely defended.

After that, I will be able to at least destroy 50% of his base before he is able to properly fight back.

whats your playing style, and, how would it help you in my place?