Bestiary: Kochei the deathless

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=328

Form 1 has 30 hits.

Form 2 has 50 hits.

Form 3 has 70 hits.

Form 4 has 255 hits.

Their max hits are 3, 5, 7 and 1, respectively.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there actually any proof of this? As in, what I can actually see with my own eyes? :?

It's just that, if you've counted it up, for all I know, you've miscounted and the information we have is the correct info. So, I'm a bit reluctant to add this information without proof to say the information we have is wrong, if I'm perfectly honest.

More proof than you have of your current data...

I only submit data without monster examine proof when it's impossible to scan them for certain reasons. As you can see in my guide, the reason Koschei the Deathless cannot be scanned is because he must be defeated to beat a quest whose completion is required to even start Dream Mentor. You cannot return to the area after the quest(s).

I've studied monster HP for many years now. When monster examine was released I thought I was dreaming.

Most monsters heal 1 hitpoint per minute. Very few monsters restore faster than this but I believe the first ones (though currently not only) were some of the Slayer monsters (banshees and aberrant spectres). The Fremennik Trials quest was released far before the Slayer skill.

When I defeated Koschei the Deathless, I filmed it. I used rings of recoil on all but the first form to ensure I killed them as quickly as possible. Afterwards I watched the video around 3-5 times to count the damage and triple-check it.

I am probably THE one player in RuneScape who has cast the monster examine spell more than anyone. There is really no way to prove this but having cast the spell well over 1000 times and seeing that as to most players this is not a very useful spell it is a fair suspicion.

However, I do know for sure that I know more about monsters' hitpoints, and the values, than anyone else in RuneScape. My guide with 888 images of unique monster scans can prove this - every single one taken myself. Notice there is not a credits section?

I have corrected a large amount of monster hitpoints on Tip.It, even before the release of monster examine. After the spell was released, it revealed very many of my submissions were correct. Of course, without monster examine it's extremely difficult to get the exact number of hitpoints on some monsters (for example, I doubt anyone would've known Mithril dragons were 254 without monster examine). Any incorrect submissions of mine prior to monster examine were off by a very small amount, and seeing as your original data was off by a record 100 (Chaos elemental), I think my data is quite accurate.

I feel partly insulted that you feel your hitpoints data for Koschei the Deathless is correct and mine is not, however I do understand your concern. I hope reading this post will help you to make the correct decision on whether to accept this data or not.

Thank you!

Jard Y Dooku

Rune Universe Head Administrator / Owner

Monster Examine King

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• 2 weeks later...

It isn't a case of arrogance on our part, please don't feel insulted. It's just whenever we receive information about anything, we like to have proof to back it up. While you still haven't actually provided actual proof, it's clear you've done all possible to gain the correct data, probably more than we Crewbies would have been able to.

I'll add this information into the entry now then.

Your help is appreciated, believe me, but we still reserve the right to be a bit skeptical about the information being fed to us, even if all the other information you've provided to date has been reliable.

Having read your explanation, I'm convinced that you'd know the monster's HP best, so I'll add your version of the data and replace ours.

Thanks,

~Ginger Warrior

It may also come down to the point where whichever one of us sees it first may not have the immediate time to do the update. For example, every so often, I have a moment in school where I can check these boards. However, since the school and my home computer are in different places, I can't access the site-updating software we have, and so I can't do anything.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

It may also come down to the point where whichever one of us sees it first may not have the immediate time to do the update. For example, every so often, I have a moment in school where I can check these boards. However, since the school and my home computer are in different places, I can't access the site-updating software we have, and so I can't do anything.

Indeed. I mean sometimes when I get in from college and all I wanna do is play Civilization IV, I go on the more powerful family computer, instead my personal one which is enabled to use the thingie we use to update stuff on the site.

Anyways, if you have a look, I've gone and updated it. :)