Wilderness Mage Arena

Guest xpoc454

I have been looking into doing the mage arena and wondered if someone could give me a feel about a few questions I have.

I know its dangerous to get there from pkers, but once inside, can you still be player killed?

The main reason why I havent tried this before was I had a feeling that even in the mage arena, there would be tons of pkers waiting to kill me off.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to wear, I assume I dont need to wear much of anything to get to the arena because there is a bank inside?

How difficult should the 5 forms of the mage arena guy be for me and how hard is it to cast the spell 100x in the open area area?

thanks for the help

yes you can get killed by players while inside, and that's the beauty of it. there are hardly any PK'ers inside, teh 5 forms of teh boss are sooo easy to beat IF you use protect from magic. Yiou can't kill the mages insied teh arena by any other way except by god spells. Casting 100x spells is easy also just use protect from magic and they wont hit you more then 10. They are soo n00bs. Believe me, Mage arean is teh greatest place for teh bloodshed, if you have the runes for godspells.And your skills are good for it too. The PK'ers rarely go isnide even in crouded worlds, not to talk about empty ones. And tehre's planty of space to lose them in teleportedand log out, if your a scaredy cat and they come.

Happy slaying!!! And btw i rlly hope that i didn't help saradominist so eb a good boy and choose zamorak, after all his flames are teh most poowerful ones... :wink:

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

As many of friendly of players, i was threatened by this mini quest.

Wild 55 is very dangerous even in my 101 cmb.

But i managed it at low cost. i can even thank pkers there for rapid prayer restore.

here are 2-3 ideas

- Wear NOTHING on you. only a slash weapon to pass the webs.

- put auto retaillate OFF. this way, as long as you don't clic on another player you will never be skulled and will always get 3 items back (slash weapon and staff).

To go there, use ardougne lever to tele directly east of mage arena.

go into arena. If some pkers are here, logout and hop. Do it in a deserted place.

If you are pked, let him kill you. the auto retaillate off prevent from skull and then loss of the 3 items. don't waste prayer for a 4rth one.

In the bank prepare yourself to mage the forms prayer protected.

don't bring too much runes as you can lose them if pked.

the pkers rarely enter the arena as the way out is protected by both lever and webs (too long if they need to retreat). it is then almost a 'safe' area.

After the forms fight you have to walk back to bank and then go through the pkers... same as when you came in.

now for the spells, you should have more than the required runes (30% more is good).

equip with nothing exept staff, runes and slash weapon.

auto retailliate off (you haven't autocast option on god spell : it is useless during combat and prevent from skull)

Exit the bank to the arena with only 20 spell in invent. that is what i did i was only pked once on the way to the arena.

be prepared to be quick in : slash the webs and pull the lever.

cast your 20 spells (use prayer) and exit even without killing the mage.

go back to the bank and repeat.

Hint : on the way back you will have no runes, only the slash weapon and staff. you can let pkers own you with great pleasure... dying will restore your prayer/hp for free with no item loss.

Conclusion : the only danger is the travel from bank to arena.

a solution is to go cast 20 spells, die and hop world (to let the pker back).

Hope it will help.

Oh baby light the dark side...

A few comments..

As some have already said, start in Ardougne with only three items. I suggest dhide top and bottom and any bladed weapon to cut the webs.

Lever, run north, cut webs, and then run west. Cut the webs in the small building just west of the mage arena and then lever to enter the mage bank.

You cannot be pked in the mage bank.

The first part of the mage arena "minigame" is to fight the 5? forms of kolodian. Grab a couple of prayer pots, some food, and the runes for the spell you will want to use against the forms. You don't need any valuable armour or weapons since you won't be taking damage (protect from magic) and you can only cast spells in the arena.

When you are ready to start, talk to kolodian. He is in the mage bank and when you accept his challenge, you will be tellied to the arena and the fight will start. When you kill all of kolodian's forms, you will be tellied back to the bank.

Once back at the bank, enter the pool and get a cape and a staff. You cannot be pked in the area you enter after entering the pool.

Once you have your staff, you need to cast 100 god spells. It doesn't matter if your casts hit or splash.

Equip your staff and runes for 100 casts. If you are worried, take only runes for 50 casts. Take some prayer pots and a little food and be sure to have a knife to cut the webs. Again, you don't really need anything else since you will be using protect from mage.

Lever to leave the bank, run east, cut webs. At the entrance to the arena, cut more webs and lever to enter it. When in the arena, position yourself so you cannot be seen by anybody walking in front of the arena. If you see a white dot approaching while you are fighting in the arena, try to get out of combat and log off before they can get to you.

I know that I was scared the first time I did this minigame, but it is really nothing to be too worried about. There is no reason to take anything valuable with you at any point besides runes, your god staff, and a couple of prayer pots.

Good luck.

viral_wulf.png

Well when I did it, I had all my stuff banked, and only carried a knife with me. Then I went to Ardy and near West Ardy and pulled the lever, cut the cobweb, went to the arena, cut the other two webs and went inside. I got my runes and staff and that's all I used, and i crushed the 5 forms without a problem. Mainly since I had protect from mage on the entire time, just bring about 2-3 pray pots as well. I never seen one pker there when I did it. And I went there and got the zammy staff first, then went back and got the sara staff, all i need is guthix.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

To answer some of your questions. Yes you can get pked, but you can only use magic in the mage arena itself. So no, this would stop all rangers and meleers from pking you. Second, 100 casts go by really fast, because they count whether you hit or fail.

Darkdoom-samus-sig.jpg

Awesome sig by LittleBoy.

The words "free", "fast", "fun" and "99 stat" just don't go together.

Mission accomplished, it went very easily.

Thanks for the help.

I went next to the mage training area to try to get the spell bones to peaches.

After doing it for a half hour I decided there may be no way I ever get that spell. It will take days and days. :(

Good Job xpoc !

For mage training area, be prepared (mud staff, nats, laws) and do it with calm and method.

The reward is high enough to spend a week on it (preparation and geetting it).

Bone2peach will allow you to ever fight in some far from bank locations.

Oh baby light the dark side...