Page refreshing in Firefox

jsboutin2

When logged on RS, after a short time, my computer auto-refresh the page, bringing me backk to the title screen. Any ways to stop it?

Tip: If you're running FF 2.0 or later, disable your normal 'backspace' functionality. It should clear up the dumb kick-outs.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

When logged on RS, after a short time, my computer auto-refresh the page, bringing me backk to the title screen. Any ways to stop it?

Tip: If you're running FF 2.0 or later, disable your normal 'backspace' functionality. It should clear up the dumb kick-outs.

If that is the case, it's caused by the banner ad refreshing above the game area, which changes the focus back to the browser instead of the game applet, which would then cause the go-back action if you backspace a typo. There's no option in the general settings for it, gotta change browser.backspace_action to 1 in about:config to turn it off. All a waste of time if this is happening on a members server though because there's no ad to steal focus.

We need more info than just "It refreshes itself". We're just shooting in the dark otherwise, just like DV's reply and my added info to it. If you aren't running firefox, that advise is useless.

@ Cruiser ...: jsboutin2 already said they are running FireFox with the thread title. Just thought I'd point that out. :)

And it can't be because of the banner as I'm member.

I've noticed even without the banner, due to my parents' house policy regarding advertisements, that focus can still pop away. I don't know what causes it, but unless you jump to FF 2.0 or later, you're [bleep]ed for trying to fix this problem.

Well, it returns to the front page of runescape.com. I'm running the last version of Firefox, so I'll try Mr. Devnull advice, but in wich menu can you do that?

Go to your address bar and tap in without the quotes "about:config"... it is the ONLY way to change this setting, as Cruiser said. But, fair warning, it only works in FF 2.0 or later!

Hope this info helps. 8-)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)