Illegal operation?

meili

ERROR.jpg

I keep getting that every few minutes especially when there is a loading screen, sometimes I can't even log in.

What should I do???

RUNESCAPE caused an invalid page fault in

module MSJAVA.DLL at 0167:7c01f2a4.

Registers:

EAX=00000004 CS=0167 EIP=7c01f2a4 EFLGS=00010202

EBX=049bec68 SS=016f ESP=085afca0 EBP=ffffffff

ECX=00000000 DS=016f ESI=049bec90 FS=31bf

EDX=00000007 ES=016f EDI=049bec5c GS=11f6

Bytes at CS:EIP:

8b 08 8b 41 10 85 c0 74 c9 8b 54 24 24 8b 00 55

Stack dump:

04290000 0520bc20 049bec48 048984f8 031c4694 031c4694 00000024 7c025537 049bec48 00000001 ffffffff ffffffff 00000000 7c0dc030 00000001 0921b730

Er when I go to java.com it doesn't seem to say anything like that. It does say "GET THE LATEST IN JAVA TECHNOLOGY" but I would assume everyone gets the same msg?

Tools- IE Options- Advanced doesn't show "Java" it shows Miscrosoft VM and i have all the things enabled.

;) Stickies are good for something.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

;) Stickies are good for something.

Uh they aren't good for everything.

I read it but it doesn't apply to me I'm not using those things - there is no "Java (sun)" in my options anywhere.

For starts, get the latest version of Internet Explorer, http://www.java.com and download the version 5 JRE. Yes, that is the link for downloading java on the first page. Just sounds like you've got a bad java install, and who knows how stable the old Microsoft Java can be on an out-dated operating system.

Um thanks. Seems like a broken image there but I can't seem to edit posts.

I hate the windows update page it so hard to navigate and ie gives me tons of errors.

Is it ok to use Opera with RS? I could dl the Java version of it instead of the lastest IE. I actually browse with Opera (the smaller app without java) but the windows Rs client uses IE (I think).

Ok will do. I notice the web site doesn't work unless you use IE to go there. :(
Yup, microsoft being self-centred again.

I would hardly call it a self-centred act. The other browsers choose not to support the protocols, Microsoft doesn't force them to exclude them.

Ok will do. I notice the web site doesn't work unless you use IE to go there. :(
I would hardly call it a self-centred act. The other browsers choose not to support the protocols, Microsoft doesn't force them to exclude them.
I withdraw my statement because microsoft may update their OS however they want.

However, other browsers should not be expected to incorporate activex. It's specifically owned by microsoft, and microsoft does not own the web.

I withdraw my statement because microsoft may update their OS however they want.

However, other browsers should not be expected to incorporate activex. It's specifically owned by microsoft, and microsoft does not own the web.

Active-x is not owned by Microsoft. It's actually patented by an American University. Once again it's the other browsers that choose not to support the protocol. I have no problem with Microsoft using Active-x through Internet Explorer to download updates.

I am now posting from an internet cafe. I dl'ed the updates from windows update website (took over 2 hours) it crashed my system and now my computer either won't load or when it does load (using an old backup registry from 1 yr ago) it can't connect to the internet. :( :( :(

I'm either buying a new pc or sending this one to be repaired/upgraded. :shock:

I knew it, windows update website is evil!!!!!!! :evil: The updates sabotage your pc and make you buy a new pc and get win xp. :shock:

i believe u can play rs before u did some updates right?

what are those?

I cannot play rs when i install the latest java.. in the end i juz uninstall the latest java and made some other adjustment to the rs site and everything is back to normal.

i am using winxp and its default IE.

The crucial part is select the applet when u are @ the "detail or not so detail" selection page.

Pm me if u need more help.. i am a survivor from this java thingie.. :)