- Best place to mine Iron ore (Banking) -

Hugo

Hey, I want to get 99 mining, and iron ore is the best method, however, I would like to make some money so I will be banking it.

I need a place which is:

- Preferablly F2P

- Close to a bank

- Not very crowded

- Quite a lot of rocks.

Thanks, I look forward to your replys. <3:

hugo_da_dark.png

If you're a non-member, Southeast varrock is best, but gets crowded at times. It says preferably f2p... well if you are a member, I'm sure the crowd wouldn't be an issue, but if you're f2p and SE varrock is crowded, try southwest varrock. Only two rocks, but similar banking time and much more peaceful in my opinion.

Leapfrog229.gif

I guess cause I never saw the need. I also felt that if I moved into the version of the game that was always changing that it would in some way invalidate the work that I had already put into my account.

If you're a non-member, Southeast varrock is best, but gets crowded at times. It says preferably f2p... well if you are a member, I'm sure the crowd wouldn't be an issue, but if you're f2p and SE varrock is crowded, try southwest varrock. Only two rocks, but similar banking time and much more peaceful in my opinion.

at a decent level you could outmine most people

Hephaestos8.gif

True, but most people know about Varrock east, so there are other miners with a decent level. I'm not talking about the steel pick miners. Have you ever mined there? Usually there's a miner with 50-60 mining with rune pick taking the two rocks (where they don't have to move), and the smart high level miner would instead take the three at the top. Therefore, the other miner often gets the rock that overlaps, and you have to click a lot more using this method, so it can just be easier to mine at Varrock west. Just pointing that out, I still think Varrock east is better.

Good Luck.

Leapfrog229.gif

I guess cause I never saw the need. I also felt that if I moved into the version of the game that was always changing that it would in some way invalidate the work that I had already put into my account.

True, but most people know about Varrock east, so there are other miners with a decent level. I'm not talking about the steel pick miners. Have you ever mined there? Usually there's a miner with 50-60 mining with rune pick taking the two rocks (where they don't have to move), and the smart high level miner would instead take the three at the top. Therefore, the other miner often gets the rock that overlaps, and you have to click a lot more using this method, so it can just be easier to mine at Varrock west. Just pointing that out, I still think Varrock east is better.

Good Luck.

Past level 60 or so, you'll be owning most varrok miners and they'll usually leave after saying "go mine something better" or "cmon can i have one rock."

It's a dog eat dog world...

Don't go to yanille by the way. it's starting to get crowded, and you'll actually get some occasional competition there.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

From lvl 85 and up you can start to power mine coal (im lvl 88 and it really goes quite fast). If you find a world without many people, the mining guild is a great place. But also look into the skeleton mine in wild. Its farther away from bank, but no competition.