Newest Photomanip- Forlorn

pryomancer

[hide=Clicky]navycompetitionmg8.jpg[/hide]

I made this for Navyplayer's photmanip competition, but I realised it had to be tip.it reqs for size #-o. So I'd made this piece and had to shrink bits down etc. This was the original of that entry.

Took me about 3 hours.

I'm quite proud of it, I drew the reaper myself.

spacescenev24.jpg

One thing I liked about it was it gave off a very warm feel at the right, yet as I went towards the left side, it started getting colder,and then a despair kind of feeling just busted out. I was disturbed, and I read the text, and I figured out this is probably one of the main points in the graphic.

I think its very well done since it portrays the text extremely well, and it's meaning is very true. However I would have tried to blend the dead like branches/leafs and the alive, energetic branches/leaves a little better, since some of the dead like branches/leafs appear to be floating in midair with no physical object containing them.

The grim reaper is extremely done well, and the main reason why I'm actually posting. It does give off the feeling of death, and regret, and many negative feelings.

I think everything is well balanced out, and very easy to understand the reason, and feeling that this graphic makes float off of it, not too strongly, nor too little, just enough to get the sense of it, and understand the concepts.

9.3/10 because of how the blending looks to me, to others it may look excellent, but I find it distracts, and takes away from the quality that this graphics gives. Blending close to the grim reaper is well done, just the far away blending, perhaps if i were more fog like, it would appear better? Good Job anyway, I do really like it, as it stands out. :)

Thanks. :D

And fog is a very good idea, I may try put some in.

I see what you mean about the blending, I'm not totally happy with the icy part around the reaper, maybe my method could be refined.

spacescenev24.jpg

Honestly I don't really like how you added in that left part of the manip with the reaper and icy area and what not. But it is really cool, I think it would have been better if you just made two separate images or something of that sort tbh

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.