Adding Website To Search Engines

SideWinderGX

anyone have any idea how to?

for reference only, my website is http://aeriola.solid-matrix.net (thanks mikessilo :)). I plan on putting up some more songs (i have Ante Up on my computer, too lazy to put it up atm) and a ton of karate tricks, pictures and videos of my dojo (two are uploaded of me, but i havent linked em yet. if you find em, well, 5 cool points for you :D )

but i recently added ads to my website, and would really like to start earning a bit of cash, which is why i want it to be searchable on google and yahoo, maybe others. does anyone know how to add them to google\yahoo?

A well designed site thats linked to from others will never need to be submitted to google. Im number one for some keywords on google and ive never submitted a url.

Its all about SEO and not adding url

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Use meta tags as well

Google doesnt use meta tags ;) Nor do several other search engines nowadays

I always add them but they dont make much difference anymore

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Use meta tags as well

Google doesnt use meta tags ;) Nor do several other search engines nowadays

I always add them but they dont make much difference anymore

*shocked* Wow, didn't know that... thanks for that tidbit of information :wink:

Hot Tip: affiliate with other sites that are on google so you will be included next search.

Even more hot tip, make sure you are linked to by sites with a high PR ;)

Thats what determines your rank within google.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

A well designed site thats linked to from others will never need to be submitted to google. Im number one for some keywords on google and ive never submitted a url.

Oh geez lol, ill get mike to put a link up on icefuzion.net to it then. Good idea, great point.

And because of the info provided about meta tags in here, i wont include them either, since they dont matter.

Oh geez lol, ill get mike to put a link up on icefuzion.net to it then. Good idea, great point.

And because of the info provided about meta tags in here, i wont include them either, since they dont matter.

Well, meta tags are stull useful, just not to google and such... besides, they can't hurt so you might as well use them

Hot Tip: affiliate with other sites that are on google so you will be included next search.

Very true. My 8 or so links do me plenty well :)

Very true. My 8 or so links do me plenty well :)

http://www.google.com/search?&q=woo%20yay

Number one result ^_^ And I never submitted it anywhere :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

just ask the site to make an insivisble link if you affilite for them:p
That's perfectly legal, but google says somewhere on their site that "activities specifically designed to raise your google ranking will be penalised" or something similar. I wouldn't be surprised if they were clever enough to get their robot to check the colour of the text, and the colour of the background. Also it probably checks for excessively small linked images, transparent images etc. etc. etc.

Probably still a good idea to include them - lots of people still use other search engines that do use meta tags ;) It's only a few bytes of bandwidth.