New to P2P

TheMuppet

OK. I'm not actually P2P yet, but will [hopefully] be very shortly.

I just want to know where i should start!

Are there any items (weapons, armours, anything needed for member skills etc) that i should purchase?

Which skills are most important?

Are there any skills i should get up before, or as soon as i become a member.

My skills are as follows:

att:61

str: 75

def: 50

range: 58

prayer: 50

magic: 61

rune crafting: 34

HP: 69

crafting: 50

mining: 66

smithing: 55

fishing: 58

cooking: 72

fire making: 40

wc: 70

And also, is there any skills i should spend money on?

Any quests that i could really do with doing?

Hope you can all help!

Thanks... :)

EDIT: Forgot to say i have no more than 20 million to spend... However, i'd rather not spend this much unless necessary!!

Are there any items (weapons, armours, anything needed for member skills etc) that i should purchase? Dragon long/ scimy, dagger (p++)

Which skills are most important? I say Agility, Thieving and Herblore

Any quests that i could really do with doing?

*Lost City* 1 of those easy quests which is easily forgotten

Recruitment Drive

The Gnome Quests

Druid's ritual

Monkey Madness

This is quite packed if you only have 1 month so try your best.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

Quests to do:

*druic ritual (for herblore skill)

*guthix tears (best mini-game ever: easy exp in your lowest skill)

*lost city

*fairy tale1 (for magic secateurs

*start fairy tale2 (for fairyrings)

*grand tree; tree gnome village,... (spirit trees and gnome gliders)

*death plateau (if you wish to start crafting laws)

*the quest for ardougne teleport

*monkey madness for d scimmy if you dare (best first get herblore level for anti's or just buy them)

F2P skills:

*try training runecrafting to 44 (for nats) or 54 (for laws)

*66magic (for magic guild)

*62fish (monks after you did swan song)

*75wc? (for magics: but they're slow to cut I heared)

*60 (or 70) range: for better gear

*desert treasure: ancients, need I say more?

P2P skills:

*buy some toy mice to train agility up right away (falador castle toptower is a good place to do that)

*fletching are easy levels (you can prepare enough normal logs and stuff to get 30 or higher fletch in a matter of hours)

*if you wanna do construction: make a saphire necklace and enchant it, tele to barbarian outpost: there are 4 plank spawns and a deposit box)

*thief: just pickpocket some men in lumby or so till you can do cakestalls

*farming: try making a habit of visiting a patch from time to time (can't be powerleveled, but is easy enough if you find a routine)

Things to buy/get:

*drag dag p++ (great special, and verry accurate)

*another drag weapon (for d scimmy and hally are quests needed)

*kill leeches in the abyss area of fairy rings (ALR I think?) for the pouches, first you need to do the miniquest at the zammy monk north of edgeville

IMPORTANT: always do a price-check if you aren't sure of the price (zybez.com has a pricelist, and some other fansites probably too)

Feel free to ask me more, can't write it all down

Thanks to both of you! I'm not sure how long i'll have, if it's good, then definately more than just one month.

And Dragon weapons... can all but the dagger and longsword be used without having done any quest?

You're welcome. :)

For the dragon weapons, the following quests are required to be complete, in order to wield them:

Heroes' Quest - Dragon battleaxe and dragon mace.

Lost City - Dragon dagger and dragon longsword.

Monkey Madness - Dragon scimitar.

Regicide - Dragon halberd.

All the other dragon weapons don't require anything, other than you to have level 60 Attack.

I've also been thinking about upgrading my account to members and I was wondering these same questions. Would it be wise for me to go for Monkey Madness and the Dragon Scimitar as soon as I become a member (skills in signature)?

Also, taking into consideration that I'll be paying for membership with my own money, I was wondering if playing only 6-8 hours per week would still be worth the $5.00 per month for membership. Do you think it'd be worth it?

Thanks so much!

Nul_Oblivion.png

Retired Member

Lost City is a no brainer so you can get into the game with dragon weapons since you already have 60 atk. You could consider working to 70 for whip. Of course you will want to try the new skills so you need to do dru ritual quest for herblore and all that fun stuff like work agility cause running saves time. However, in the meantime you will want to train RC. Nat crafting is a huge asset to being a member and you will want to have at least 44 rc and hopefully 50.

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

I've also been thinking about upgrading my account to members and I was wondering these same questions. Would it be wise for me to go for Monkey Madness and the Dragon Scimitar as soon as I become a member (skills in signature)?

Also, taking into consideration that I'll be paying for membership with my own money, I was wondering if playing only 6-8 hours per week would still be worth the $5.00 per month for membership. Do you think it'd be worth it?

Thanks so much!

From you wording I am guessing you are a teenager with a job/allowance. Runescape's monthly membership is less than a lunch so I say its worth it considering you will enjoy it 6-8 hours a week every month instead of 45 minutes.

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

Thanks so much!

From you wording I am guessing you are a teenager with a job/allowance. Runescape's monthly membership is less than a lunch so I say its worth it considering you will enjoy it 6-8 hours a week every month instead of 45 minutes.

Yeah, I'd love to have more time to play but right now I'm juggling college and a job on weekends plus I'm in a local band and focus a lot of my free time playing music and my guitar. I enjoy F2P just because I don't have to worry about getting my money's worth since it's free and I can play it during my down time, but I'd like to make some decent progress with P2P with the time I have available to play.

Not to mention training is getting much slower with most of the skills since I'm at a decent level with a majority of them. Although, I would like to acheive 1,000 skill total in F2P before I decide to upgrade. :D

Thanks!

Nul_Oblivion.png

Retired Member

Thanks to everyone that has helped so far!

And Nul_Oblivion i think it would be worth it.. $5.00 isnt too much money, and one ,month is quite a long time really! Also, where did you train your rrange in f2p?

I trained my Range on the mountain near the Black Knight Fortress. I would just shoot down at the Black Knights with Bronze Arrows without worrying about having to get hit or pick up my arrows. It's a slow process after about level 60, but it's still effective... at least I think so.

I try to find training spots that are rarely crowded even if they aren't the most efficient. I sort of found that spot just exploring, but apparently that spot had been found a long time ago before I started playing.

Nul_Oblivion.png

Retired Member